Noob question thread! 2020_Summer

Cutouts, recievers killing themselves, and the throttle assembly snapping and locking the throttle

yikes! maybe it’s time I get a puck and print out some different case mods… This VX2 survived a crash and still runs fine - but I could be pushing my luck here… I just love the on display screen too though :frowning:

1 Like

Davega!

So i just had a potentially dangerous behavior happen to me. I was going down a hill quite fast, on the end of the road i applied the brakes but they were suuuper weak basically doing nothing up until i hit a certain speed where they then kicked in.

Any ideas?

Did i maybe surpass the regen amps?

Will post a metr log when I’m home.

2 Likes

Update: seems like it was the regen amps. I just reproduced it on a steep hill. Once the battery amps hit -7 the strength of the brakes weren’t increasing even if i pulled further.

Edit: As it should obviously (just to clarify)

1 Like

i thought that’s normal? since the regen number is the highest amp the esc allows current to flow back into the battery

1 Like

I had this issue as well. It’s the regen amp unfortunately. Certain esc makers will limit their regen according to battery’s max charge current to avoid over current. I learned that after using hobbywing escs.

Yes it is. I just wasn’t aware that I’ve already hit it so i tried to figure out what it was.

Gotta be honest, that sucks. When pumping 14 amps into your 2p pack isn’t enough to bring you to a stop in a dire situation. :exploding_head:

2 Likes

my pack only charges to 40.7 volts, is that just its age showing or?

Sometimes it’s up and down. Try to discharge your batteries again and recharge once more. Mine usually hits 40.8 and 42.3 at random times.

nah that mf been at .6 - .7 for the last 4 rides

Voltage of your charger is the same?

i cant change the charger voltage but i assume it tries to charge to 42, it lights green at 40.7 tho

I mean does the charger still output 42v.

1 Like

shii it better do or imma throw it out

dont have anything to check with tho

No multimeter?

nope none

Buy one

3 Likes

tumblr_649c304d5432f9ae466edbf819ebabd4_997a1537_250

2 Likes