Noob question thread! 2020_Summer

Use copper, don’t be an idiot

1 Like

Oh that’s a fair point, working once doesn’t mean viable. Also designing trucks is hard, I keep going back to something similar to Apex airs lol

1 Like

He’s trolling us. I told him to send a photograph if he wants more help.

…i dont have any items yet to send photos of, they havent arrived, thats why i said where im gonna use it

1 Like

Order some good wire then while you are waiting :sunglasses:

Hey y’all, I’ve been out of the game for a few month due to being young and in school, but now I am free and am concerned about firmware; what firmware is everyone running nowadays? I left off on ack 1.0.3
I run a lot of big A’s through my dual 6380’s with the famous fsesc 6.6…

1 Like

What is your maximum duty cycle set to, and what is your duty cycle current limit start set to?

I suspect that you only set the maximum duty cycle, and so the ESC is basically bouncing off that hard limit. By also setting the duty cycle current limit, it makes that cutoff softer so it shouldn’t vibrate so much.

I always deck mount my batteries. There’s just no reason I can see why not to. Plus the enclosure being just a dust cover makes maintenance a breeze.

4 Likes

This was solved, he was using BLDC instead of FOC

1 Like

How much angular deflection should RKP trucks have? Like how far from neutral along the pivot cup axis

1 Like

I’ve gone down that rabbit hole of tuning them, board came with two idlers per belt which gave me a ton of resistance and I actually bought a shorter belt and gone to one idler per side which has helped my resistance there. He had it pinched basically around the pulley. How I’ve got them now if they were any loser they skip when braking hard.

I will try the tires for sure. Probably a 7 but I should also get the 6’s anyways if I wanted to see any real difference. Also what’s funny is I electronically limit my speed most of the time to 38 so I can just sit full throttle and carve and moving to a smaller tire will take care of that anyways I guess. Can’t get any range calculator to give me a guess on how much range I’d gain. Though I wouldn’t assume much.

I Bought the board from somebody on here that said they get 30 miles out of the thing and I usually tap out at 15. So pretty bummed out. Don’t think I’ve messed with settings that would hurt that but boy would that be a nice solution if I just messed something up in settings. You think I’m getting the correct range for my board? It’s my first Esk8 so I’m only 5 months into this hobby still learning. But as far as I can tell he probably just rode it really efficiently for the davega to show the range at 30 and sold it like that. Frustrating. My davega says lifetime average of wh/mi is 35. I reset my session on it a couple days ago and I’m sitting around 45 wh/mi. I like riding at 80A but try 70 or 60 which is just kinda lame. Time to buy tires. Lol whatever will fit my xcell Apollo’s, which is a fair amount.

Is there a maximum weight for battery packs? Try to figure out what to use to mount such a heavy battery to the deck.

Oh God, McMaster Carr, where I end up spending $100 on bolts and random stuff every time I go there lol. I never would have thought to go there for CAD drawings of all the different fasteners though. Thanks!

5 Likes

Doing my first vinyl skin realistically day after tomorrow. Have a good plan, I think. Am confident. Any advice on things that I won’t forsee?

Go slowly and smoothly

Don’t be afraid to lightly apply and peel, use heat carefully.

1 Like

are velcro strips a good way to hold the vesc, bms and batteries in place?

1 Like

3m duallock

2 Likes

McMaster Carr never ceases to amaze me with their crazy stupid fast shipping, they even beat Amazon Prime shipping a lot of the time.

Not gonna lie, when it comes to them, I totally expect that one day I will receive an item before I order it.

5 Likes

I think they may have invented teleportation.

2 Likes

Howdy. I have a deck with some plywood delamination at the tail end. The deck is really good (Onsra BC2) and I’m getting a spare, so I’m wondering how realistic it is to restore the old one. Both sides of the tail end have split, however I see no breakage. My intuition tells me that injecting carpenters glue and clamping down both sides should do the trick. Are my spidey senses off?