Noob question thread! 2020_Summer

Wait….is something not right here?

1 Like

Not sure if I have either but certainly I am not going to now.
Sure, the one-liners are fun, aren’t they? We feel great after using them. But they often come with a price. You’d be surprised how much further you can go with basic respect.

11 Likes

Yeah, it’s an old diagram :laughing:

Too lazy to update

here, shitty mspaint job tho

6 Likes

I updated the thread, thanks :+1:

2 Likes

Out of curiosity, do you need/have to put it on positive? If so, I would like to know why, so I can see if I made that mistake of putting it on negative.

Edit: mine is on positive. Still would like to know though.

1 Like

You don’t need to. It works either way. After deciding to add lights later using the BMS in a discharge and bypass simultaneously, you can find that it must be on positive for that to work.

There are minor reasons to put it on red.

1 Like

Nice to know. When I decide to add lights on the battery, I’ll definitely remember that. Thanks.

so you guys like behind the board enclosure boxes

• yeaah
  • naah
  • not sure / don’t care

0 voters

1 Like

You have a poll for a declarative statement? :thinking:

3 Likes

well you do have multiple choices if you dont like it

I’m looking to build a 12s3p pack for my first board, and I was considering using either the Molicel P42a or Samsung 40T. Is $5.22 per cell at Liion Wholesale a good price for the P42a? Is there anywhere that has the 40T in stock for similar prices, or should I just go with the P42a?

Thanks!

1 Like

yes, always molicel until u can get ur hands on some tesla 4680 :joy:

4 Likes

Bruh…that’s awesome! Totally cherry rad dude.
What you said made no sense though

5 Likes

That would be up to you. I don’t care how you do it tbh.

2 Likes

They are in huge demand and can be hard to find at any price. Liion Wholesale is an authorized distributor/vendor and, I believe, has 2021-dated P42A’s in stock (check to be sure). You might find P42A’s for less somewhere else but they could be low grade cells, fakes, or 2018-dated cells (which there are a LOT of out there).

Your choice though. :slightly_smiling_face:

Having said that, I feel we should never shop by price unless you are ready to get low grade, old, or fake cells. Buying good cells from an authorized vendor is worth a lot IMHO.

The 40T is a decent cell but the P42A performs a little better at high power and you never know what you are going to get when buying excess inventory (which all Samsung, Sony, Murata, LG, Sanyo, and Panasonic cells that we buy are).

Welcome to esk8.news!

4 Likes

Uhh you may want to check your scaling on the box, can guarantee you it doesn’t look as well proportioned in person :smile:

For the record your battery is several inches longer than what’s on the board below.

1 Like

gah dayoum thats some dump in the truck

1 Like

after your feedback i have calculated that using a 50mm thick box would leave a more lowkey look to the board however the actual box itself is 3 times as long as they angled part of the deck meaning that it will stick out quite a bit, the other option would be to rotate it sideways but that could indeed also hit the pneumatic wheels

Lol these look absolutely absurd imo

I hate rear batt boxes

Also, surely it feels weird to ride? I get that you’d theoretically get more grip with the weight back there but I feel like steering would be weird.

1 Like