Noob question thread! 2020_Summer

My unity always throws a DRV fault when the Auto turn off feature kicked in. :man_shrugging:t2:

2 Likes

Why 5A for the fuse? It’s unlikely to draw more than ~150mA to push 5W through the buck converter, 5A wouldn’t trip even for a 10x overcurrent situation

I really hope that’s all that is going on with mine.

Then make it smaller

1 Like

Are you using a loopkey or the Unity builtin switch or both?

1 Like

just the Unity built-in switch

You probably will need a separate switch then unless you want to make one using a MOSFET.

1 Like

Uhh. Anyone knows what’s up? Bought this SL-1000 3 months ago, fully charged, never used / left my home. Can’t change mode or anything, just auto shut down…

werent we supposed to stay under the esc limit for a’s

Motor current is not equal to battery current; don’t compare the two.

bruh but somewhere in this thread we had agreed that both should be for the lowest minimum value

I don’t recall agreeing with, maybe quote it because there are 18054 replies in this thread.

1 Like

A drv fault is the mosfet driver chip protecting the board from exploding because of a firmware or hardware layout problem.

1 Like

we agreed over there

Gotcha, what do I do about it, just roll on and hope nothing happens at the wrong time?

Try setting lower motor current limits and easing on the throttle.

2 Likes

Damn!!! I guess I’d rather have longevity of my equipment. Thanks for the reply.

when soldering a voltage meter in this diagram would you connect to main positive and negative after loop key? or doesn’t matter

I did say it earlier, people have their info and goes with it. By my experience at 75 motor amp on a 50 amp esc, it overheated and resetted itself. This is why I said it’s best to not go over it. I’m unfamiliar with the battery part since that’s something different in fsesc.

After the loop key so the voltage meter doesn’t stay on.

3 Likes