Noob question thread! 2020_Summer

Don’t forget the setup and calibration.

3 Likes

Lol imagine forgetting that.

1 Like

the instructions confused me previously cuz they got it soldered on the battery there

The thing soldered on the battery is your “voltage meter or battery indicator”. It tells you how low your battery is. Like when you press the button on the remote to see how much red circles you have left. 4 circles is 100, 3 is 75, etc.

2 Likes

but it still shows the battery with only 3 cables then?

Pwm is pwm, that one cable is for battery indicating. Pretty much that’s all you need to do.

If you want the battery indicator, solder the v wire to the battery positive side.

Edit: some retard decided to flag this…

1 Like

Loving my DKP->RKP conversion but here’s today’s niggle.
My old motor mount had a depression in it for the the motor sprocket. The new Boardnamics one doesn’t making it in effect thicker.
That means the sprocket doesn’t sit on the shelf made by the d-shaped part of the shaft and the grub screw doesn’t line up with the center of the grub screw hole.
I can mount the sprocket a a little further down the shaft and try to tighten it against the flat of the d-shaft but what happens is the grub screw slips into the hole because it’s too close to it and the sprocket moves down and becomes loose and grinds against the motor hanger.

I’m thinking I need to either drill a new grub screw depression that slightly overlaps with the existing one which sounds hard or I need to Dremel down the motor hanger around the shaft to below the level of the shelf made by the d-shaped part of the shaft so the sprocket can sit on it.

1 Like

Fuck me I must have the wrong kind of drill bit for this. Half an hour of drilling has only made a little dimple.

2 Likes

They’re case hardened shafts, gonna need a grinding bit or carbide to get through that.

3 Likes

I did the same thing. It takes a while.

@janpom what’s the exact type of JST used for the davega cable? Ruined mine and need to get a new one in the united states, or at least a crimp kit.

bro i feel like a clown using protective gear at 15 mph

i got the whole ass titanfall look aswell

1 Like

Better safe than sorry. You can even get hurt badly going that slow. I hurt my hands just falling from 15 mph on cruze mode. Wasn’t pretty.

i should get a full facial so i cant be recognized

I gotta get one myself. The wind isn’t fun to deal with after going 30+.

i swear last ride a bug hit my eye

2 Likes

That’s also why.

1 Like

that mf was blind af i was barely going 10 mph

I had company lol