Noob question thread! 2020_Summer

That’s so weird. Have you tried a different remote at all

Issues like these are why we still don’t trust the unity that much haha

2 Likes

checked receiver?

potentiometer remote, vx2 is hall sensor, not sure about vx3

2 Likes

i only have the murderous nano remote (not nano x). The nano is the remote ich broke my arm with, i wouldn’t use it anymore as it took a lot of damage.

Else i only have the mini remote. Might give that a shot.

3 Likes

a while back yes. Connectors are glued so don’t suppose anything wrong with it.

Depending on what Ben sends me as spare parts i can swap the Pot.

2 Likes

An aerosol can of contact cleaner or a squeeze bottle of isopropyl alcohol would help with dislodging crap from a scratchy potentiometers (in audio systems it makes horrible noises and I can’t think of a better way to describe it), or if you can get a toothbrush near the track to clean it off that’s even better

3 Likes

pad up if u do try another remote, if vx1 and receiver were all good, then the unity is a bit sus

2 Likes

but this doesn’t asnwer why it’s getting fixed after a restart of the board.

3 Likes

Also potentially basic troubleshooting you’ve covered already: have you tried just wiping the unity and starting over on 5.x or whatever firmware you’re on? I know you know what you’re doing but there’s an off chance there was a glitched terminal command or something stupid like that that might mess with an acceleration curve

1 Like

This kind of problems suck ass, you should be looking into buying precise telemetry for your board, it may help you resolve the issue.

I’m with everyone on the issue and feel that it’s probably the remote, but you never know, you can do a bunch of bench testing with your computer

2 Likes

Yeah fair but I’m always extra skeptical of the part of any machine that has to interact with a disgusting fleshy human, and it could possibly be just a coincidence or some other cause that it stops after you stop and get off and mess around with the board for a minute

1 Like

i had the part recorded on my metr yesterday but deleted the log since it only was a few seconds long before restarting the board. Wish i’d kept it.

I’ll try to provoke the issue next time i ride

agreed. Disgusting humans, eugh.

2 Likes

@frame just checked how fast the 100mm hubs go on 12s.

10s = 43km/h max (usually max out at 41 due to voltage)
12s goes to 54.X km/h :rofl:

11+km/h more by jumping to 12s.

2 Likes

bruh, that’s a lot of speed :eyes:

i don’t usually ride above 30km/h, my knees hurt just thinking about it

with that kind of speed, u really need a good remote bro

1 Like

Usually i’m not a speed demon as well but 41 is always way to slow for me WHEN i want to go fast.

My usual average speed is 20-25km/h because i go for quantity over…speed.

2 Likes

im more about getting to my destination safely without getting run over :joy: but yes, quality > speed. everything > speed really, that’s my last concern for any of my boards

2 Likes

what did you end up putting for yours?

30Q cells. But I left the teamgee one in the hobbywing board.

Works okay, but the battery dies a bit quick. I only went with the rated watts from the motors it came from. Increased to 800watt motors from 500.

1 Like

Where would I get a steel 10mm 22t bore pulley?

1 Like

I would guess that getting it in steel it’s difficult, but if aluminum it’s good here you go. (You can also message the vendor to see if he can get it in steel)

One of my batteries doesn’t give a reading from the charge port like I’m used to on others. I have a handheld battery meter and it doesn’t even light up on this 10s ebike battery when fully charged. Raw measurement from the leads and a multimeter gives 42.2V.

It’s almost like its asleep? Ebike won’t turn on unless I hard unplug and replug WITHOUT an antispark

1 Like