Noob question thread! 2020_Summer

Cheers, I’m a nerd for this stuff and if we can give other nerds some stuff to work on that’s great but honestly most of engineering is just a fancy version of rules of thumb so those general “rules” are the most important. It’s just a question of using the right rule, or knowing when to use one over another.

I enjoy what I can learn and what I can apply. But unfortunately, there are those who skips the basic and goes beyond.

Not in a good way.

Please help!

Can’t take the wire of and it fucking explodes when I try to

cut the wires ONE BY ONE and insulate each wire, don’t bother try to desolder it, its not worth the time

2 Likes

Should I be afraid for a fire?

u should be, the moment u remove the connector sheath and find no heatshrink at the solder joint

sheath still require heatshrink, this is not debatable

1 Like

but wht is there current when battery is off??

A battery is never “off”

7 Likes

battery cell is always live / hot / on, u still got a whole lot to learn before messing with batteries

3 Likes

manged to wrap electrical tape around it now but I think I’m done trying it do it myself haha.

If anyone live in eu and wants to help a noob out I’ll be happy to send my parts for someone to complete it “properly” send it back. I pay shipping + some extra for the service

1 Like

What country are you in?

Amass Manufacture specs disagree

XT60 and MT60 30A continuous, 60A Burst
Running them at higher amps adds resistance and heat in to the electronics question is how mutch heat is acetable.

Short bursts like start moving fine but powering up a hill not the best when underspending components all depends how powerful build you making

2 Likes

First build, can I get some help with vesc tool set up? 12s4p p42a,spintend,6374 190kv motors Tb 110 wheels

Having a time finding values for battery current regen
And bat current max

2 Likes

I’d start with 25A battery max per side, -15A battery regen per side, and tweak from there. Battery max can probably go higher, but there’s not reason to start out at full blast, that can only cause Bad Things :tm:

Which motors? They can probably go to at least 80A motor max depending on the model and what your battery max is.

1 Like

Thanks :blush: using the app so I’m assuming double values as it doesn’t give me a per side option. And recent flipsky bldc motors

“the app” is exceedingly ambiguous.

1 Like

Ahh understood thanks a ton

If you’re using VESC tool with a dual ESC like the spintend I’m fairly sure it gives you one battery current field and then doubles it. ie if you want to draw 25A per side then just type 25A and it will apply it to both sides. Otherwise you’ll get 50A per side unless you’re in different software that gives different options.

What Brian was asking was which app are you using, because saying “the app” could mean lots of things

1 Like