Noob question thread! 2020_Summer

I thought it was the remote at first since the skateboard never shown issues. It wasn’t until I saw it flew at max speed to a fence that I had to check the servo. I’m not sure if it’s either the remote or the servo being loose since the way it acted initially was as if me dropping it was the issue. < This is why I’m keeping my pcb purchase.

But opening it up, it seems like the servo got loose. And I have no ideas when did that even happen since the remote didn’t flash red to show it was disconnected.

It was unfortunately all 3. But it was still connected as if they were never loose. It wasn’t until I touched the servo to realize it was actually loose.

1 Like

The remote would never know if only the white wire had intermittent connection.

1 Like

This is very useful to know. Thanks. But now I gotta know “when” since it never acted up until I dropped the remote.

Possibly coincidence?

Wayyyyy to coincidental. Which is why I’m keeping the pcb purchase to make sure.

Edit: I’ll make some changes for the connector and make sure the main motor wires don’t vibrate them off. This way time will tell whether it’s the remote or the receiver. I better practice my usual bail out tactics.

1 Like

Perhaps the thing that caused you to drop the remote also caused the board to take a jolt.

The board stands on its own. The occurrence was when I was locking my apartment door. The remote fell and then it started happening. If it was during the ride, I would had noticed it. But it happened after a hard drop.

Very difficult to tell at that moment.

1 Like

Then it’s probably aliens.

1 Like

tenor-2

1 Like

dc power jack has 3 pins on back 1 long and 2 short what is the purpose and should I wire

Send a photo of that

The one on the left in this image is likely positive. One of the other two is probably switched negative, and the other one probably unswitched negative. It’s likely you can connect those two together and to negative.

1 Like

Don’t forget to fuse your charge port! On this one, I’d fuse the positive wire.

1 Like

Can’t you set the puck to left handed so it’s in reverse, then continue to hold it in your nornal hand, just flipped, no?

2 Likes

Anyone have a weight on the Stormcore 60D and/or would mind weighing one? I’m daydreaming new builds…

What do you guys think of these cracks??

They’re two cracks on symetrical side of the deck, back side.

I wouldn’t care for that personally. I don’t know how risky it is though, I’d guess “too much”.

3 Likes

If you have a multimeter and the opposite connector you can plug them in and see what connects to what with the continuity buzzer or resistance setting (0ish ohms means they’re connected, overload/OL/no reading means they’re not) but Brian has already said what they likely are. The benefit of plugging something in to check is you can ensure the whole connector (ie both ends plus whatever wires are already in place) is wired “right”, or at least the way you expect it to be

Edit: don’t plug a full and powered on charger in and then use the continuity setting sorry I should be careful. I meant something like this where you have either the bare connector or the connector with whatever wiring is already attached

2 Likes