Noob question thread! 2020_Summer

I mean, i don’t think it is going to break spontaneously as the cracks are parallel to the length of the deck, not perpendicular (do I explain myself?)

But I just want to know if someone has experience with this and what can I do to fix it if possible.

What I fear the most it’s breaking the deck and coming to a stop consuming my beloved boardnamics m1’s and motors.

Edit: Thanks Brian for the fast response :slight_smile:

1 Like

Tbh you could probably throw a few layers of fiberglass on there and call it a day (to extend the life of the deck)

Personally I don’t feel comfortable riding decks with cracks in them, just cause it’s hard to track/know when it might split on you mid ride 🤷

2 Likes

(Don’t have experience with it so not super useful sorry)

Those do look perpendicular to the deck to me though? It looks as though they’re starting from the bottom spreading towards the top, with a little front to back movement as well. Looks spooky, maybe check every couple km for a while to see if it increases and stop immediately if it does? Still at risk if there’s a sudden failure though so it doesn’t feel wise but this is not evidence based

2 Likes

This is a good idea, i don’t really want to spend 140€ in a new deck now that I’ve decided to switch to 140kv motors lol, that is too much money.

I think what I can do is try to introduce a few fibers into the crack, then fill it up completely, and adding on top a layer or two of fiberglass.

In case of not being convinced that the method is going to work, i could drill a few holes and use screws to pull the layers together.

1 Like

Yeah I would try to compress the deck together where the cracks are (so they come together) with some epoxy in them, let that cure, then add some layers on the bottom. I say bottom (if you’re only using 1 layer) because it will be stronger due to the tension the fiberglass member will be in.

Screwing it together sounds like a cool idea too; sounds difficult to get right but if you can I think that would be great.

1 Like

The red lines are the cracks, and the blue line it’s the “perpendicular” I was referring to.

As the cracks are “parallel” to the length of the deck, sudden snapping seems unlikely.

I will be checking regularly these few weeks to see if the cracks change.

4 Likes

Thanks for the advice!! I think I will monitor de cracks, and depending on how they’re doing I will try to repair or just buy a new deck.

I’m not doing this directly as I have exams around the corner and have to be focused lol

1 Like

So the Focbox comm port has 7 prongs, but the connector for my NRF dongle (Trampa Wand) has 8 ports. Does anybody know if I can use a different connector for my NRF dongle? Or is there some other solution I’m not seeing? Thanks

You can use a 7 pin connector, just look up online how to move the JST pins. It’s easy.

1 Like

Ok thank you! I forgot they were called JSTs so I was having a hard time finding what I was looking for

Yes but there are different JST connectors, get the correct ones.

1 Like

By chance do you know if the wires need to be in a certain order? And also if there’s any stores that sell JST connectors, or if I’ll need to order a set?

1 Like

The wires do have to match the pin circuit it’s going. That’s pretty much what you need to know. After that, just put those pins in the jst at the spot of the connector. I don’t know much of these rx/TX 5.5v 3.3v (etc) circuits but it should correspond to that.

2 Likes

jst ph 2.0

2 Likes

I have some JST-PH 2.0 if you want some I can send you a couple

2 Likes

Thanks guys! I appreciate the help

pulley not slide out

1 Like

You’re going to strip it beyond belief using that bit.

1 Like

anyone know the largest battery you can fit in a prototipo with 2 esc?

Why do we have to limit the duty cycle in a vesc ?