Noob question thread! 2020_Summer

Yep​

You can turn it higher but it will just throttle quicker and be worse at the next red light

No issue with anything you have listed except don’t buy from MBoards for any reason ever. Plenty of places have what he offers.

ESC: Get a pair of Flipsky 4.12 or 4.20 fsesc singles.

Battery: You can only fit a 10s2p in that case, so go ahead and get whatever Meepo, Onboard or Wowgo battery offers in that size. Don’t buy the cheapest one, though.

You will need a way to turn it off and on, so search for loop key or get a Flipsky Enhanced antispark.

1 Like

ryan, hypothetically speaking 4.xx hardware.

what is your opinion of replacing say a D2Pak with a directFET (assuming one has the mechanical ability to perform the SMD replacement but not the electronic cyphering ability to determine if this is even feasable?

asking for a friend…

I like it when I see your Griffen like bat-ears poke up @b264

1 Like

It’s likely to be problematic for many reasons, the first of which being that the pads on the PCB are in the wrong places… but if you could fix that then the other problem is the different FETs might have different gate characteristics and some resistors may need tweaking and stuff… but with enough work it could be done… but at that point, there is no ROI. Just sell the 4.12 and buy something that already has directFETs or something else

1 Like

this was my greatest concern… Thanks… I just couldn’t put it into words!!

Thanks Brian!

BTW… the 12S8amp charger is
FuYuang…
perhaps your g00gle-foo is better that I… I found the company… but I cannot find the 12s 51v 8 amp charger or the gawd-damned charger ports…

even alibaba links appear deD…

but I really think Ernesto swapped plugs… but I thought I’d checkitOut

THE SEARCH GOES ON…

Ok, my 170kv motors won’t hit too high a speed (which I’m happy with), so maybe breaking will be a bit easier (?).
I’ve got a bigben wolfshark enclosure, and if I go double stack it’ll be with the help of a gasket. Anyway, quite a few bits to figure out still. Thanks for your help

2 Likes

Same. His YouTube tutorials are fine, but I had the baddest experience with his shop… 2-3 months shipping time for a 25 dollar ship to Germany for a 35 dollar product…
And then 15 dollars on top because of customs
So I paid 75 dollars for a stupid Chinese enclosure…

Btw, can I contact them and get the 15 dollars back, or is it my problem?

I don’t want to explain anything to you master, but I’m pretty sure 4.20 are worse than 4.12 from FlipSky. First, they’re more expensive and second, the parts used are cheaper and even worse quality, so that th 4.20 has even more problems than the 4.12 (believe it or not lol)

1 Like
1 Like

that is considered, the minimum, cost of Mbored the mBored experience

1 Like

Alright, learned my lesson kook! :confused::+1:
Your profile pics are always so well selected haha

1 Like

if’n ya want me to grind on him… I’ll do it for you

me and mike-fucking-beard are tight as thieves…

gracias amigo!

1 Like

i’m 17 and i weigh those number switched :slight_smile:

1 Like

how deep does an enclosure need to be to safely fit a double stacked 18650 battery?

staggered stack or parallel stack? sorry for the obtuse reply but the dia. of the cells are in their description…

can u do maths?

1 Like

double stacked triangle pattern?

1 Like

I know that parallel 2 cells are 36mm, but battery’s have other things making them thicker, also I don’t know about safety stuff. Do they need space to breath or is a snug fit ok…these are things I’m noob about

measurements for parallel and staggered would be helpful.

1 Like

1 Like

This is ideal! But it maybe won’t be ideal, also you have heatshrink and stuff… But I would say that you always end up with less than 4 cm… For me it was like 3,6 mm or 3,7mm with my 10S3P from Acido, built in triangle shape.

1 Like