Noob question thread! 2020_Summer

I don’t mind the product, >as long as the product can be used with other products that you already have<. It’s dumb to be forced to purchase a product you don’t need but have to get anyways. This is where companies loses.

But as long as they give top quality products, it’s a hard trade off. But it will be a single time purchase, knowing this.

2 Likes

:man_shrugging:t2: me problem then i guess, HK network sucks when the fkin ccp is watching

if u r buying kit from them then yea, u probably don’t need all the items that comes with it, but company prefer not to disclose certain information is because of liability issue, the moment they say their ABC product works with another brand XYZ product, then they have to bare part of that liability.

1 Like

If only that was the case. They don’t need to say their products works with another product, it just has to be able to be used with pre existing ones. The liability is forcing an ecosystem that doesn’t work for other products.

Kinda like having an apple home pod, that only works for apple’s ecosystem. You can tell where that’s going.

1 Like

that’s for maxmium profit, that’s the standard method of doing it. :joy: but now we are just talking about trampa’s business model

i haven’t touch apple product since iphone 6s, is it still that bad? i heard something about they finally allow bluetooth connection or nfc…or something along those lines :crazy_face:

1 Like

Nope. It’s still apple. It hasn’t gotten better. But you know there’s one good news. They can finally add widgets to their homescreen.

1 Like

did apple perfected the widget thingy, or did they just enter year 2010? :rofl: android had it since forever

1 Like

Lol I said the same thing. They’re probably working on perfecting a lot of basics. Eventually, they’ll even have multitasking as well. It’s gonna be so good, it’ll make android look bad.

They’ll even do picture in picture mode from YouTube perfectly as well. And mayyyybe add third party apps.

1 Like

ping me again when the day i can download any audio file off the internet and instantly change to it for any app’s notification sound without modifying anything or using specific method / apps :rofl:

2 Likes

@frame

1 Like

Saw a fella excitedly talk about his brand new “shop xray” for seeing into all those tricky devices in the home shop
images

6 Likes

Should I be worried my cells arrived like this?

1 Like

That packaging doesnt necessarily mean the cells are bad, and it’s unlikely that the cells got significantly damaged (check them to be sure), but it does definitely indicate that the company you bought them from needs to improve their packaging game.

Manufacturer packaging is almost always more robust than that, and separates all cells individually rather than in blocks of 4. If I had to guess I would say that those cells were loose (not in manufacturing packaging) and then boxed like that by whoever you bought them from.

Edit: looked closer and saw those are Tesla cells. Yeah it’s not unusual for the cell recycling companies who sell those to use shitty packaging. All the boxes of those that I opened from battery hookup used similarly shitty packaging.

3 Likes

Yeah, got them from battery hookup this morning. At worst a cell’s wrap might’ve gotten a little damaged, but no physical damage to the actual cell from what I can tell…at least now. All of the voltages are between 3.69 and 3.71 with an exception of one at 3.68, so I think all is well for now. I hope lol.

3 Likes

Yes. Hot glue or silicone is the way to go.

2 Likes

Weird the first batch of model 3 batteries from BH I got where very well packaged. Maybe they got those from another bulk vendor? :man_shrugging:

1 Like

Does the unity/xenith have an IMU or no?

In all my searching, I’ve read no definitive answer

It seems they have mislabeled “keys” as “keyways”, which are the part that’s on the pulley and shaft.

1 Like

Unity has an IMU, but the software to support it isn’t there.

I am not sure if newer versions have eliminated that for cost-cutting measures.

1 Like

Hmm. odd.
But thanks

where you guys get cheap AT kit