Noob question thread! 2020_Summer

48 is 13S. Its based on 3.7 nominal

1 Like

Also @Andy089 If you want one of those 6.6 metal case ESCs for cheaper than 219 I can sell you one from the UK, although they aren’t really meant to be mounted externally, the cable setup still will have the reciever sitting on the outside of the case. You could silicone it to the case though

Bad idea?
Anyone know how hot these heats syncs might get, hot enough to melt wires?

2 Likes

Could you not put the receiver into the case, assuming you insulate it properly?

why would you need a waterproof aluminium case if you wouldn’t mount them externally?! I assumed that was what they are intended for!?

probably not, but Brian is gonna jump in and say vibration is gonna wear through and short it :joy:

1 Like

If it’s silicone wire insulation, it’ll be fine

If it’s plastic, :grimacing:

3 Likes

think it’s silicone, see if i can extend them and reroute just in case,
cheers!

1 Like

you could also just put electric tape or heatshrink to protect it

3 Likes

Thanks legend!

If you touch it with a soldering iron and it doesn’t melt and stink, then you’re good.

2 Likes

I saw something about this online, but is a vesc able to control a regular 2 lead brushed DC motor? Trying to upgrade the esc of an old razor scooter with on hand parts.

1 Like

I’m in the same situation and I’m also wondering this.

Seems like vesctool as a wizard for DC motors where you use phase A and C. It’ll finally give the shitty DC motor enough current to move me aha

3 Likes

Here’s a question: How do I convert from Wh/mi to Wh/km, and vice versa? I cant work out the math operation, and the internet doesnt want to help me.

2 Likes

Man I’m glad I’m not the only one! Want to know this too! :slightly_smiling_face::ok_hand:

1 Like

Yes. Connect Phase A and Phase C and leave Phase B disconnected.

2 Likes

1 wh/mi is 0.62 wh/km, and 1 wh/km is 1.61 wh/mi.

Basically the same as converting miles to km, but flipped.

Also, google does handle this.

7 Likes

2 Likes

This is what I get for using duckduckgo :man_facepalming: Thanks Ryan and Michael.

4 Likes

They have a place where you can submit that for inclusion. ddg is great if you want true results for a given search.

1 Like