Noob question thread! 2020_Summer

well it has to be longer, but I have to figure out what thread. It’s a janux mount, so there is a chance it’s imperial.

1 Like

Kinda what I thought too, thanks!

you could go to the hardware store and try all the m5 they have until one of the right thread screws in properly

Edit: fuck imperial :slight_smile:

1 Like

M6 bore through it and use nyloc on the other side, problem solved :joy:

2 Likes

just weld that shit on the truck PROBLEM SOLVED

2 Likes

if only I had the tools to do this sadge

1 Like

Could be #10-24 or #10-32 FUB. 10-32 is very close to M5, and 10-24 is much coarser.

2 Likes

Not really. Could he that your valve is leaking. I had the same issue, i then removed the tube, unscrewed the core and put thread sealing tape around.

5 Likes

I will give that a go, thanks for the idea I would have never thought about that.

2 Likes

got an enclosure where i need to cover up some old holes and drill 2 new ones

whats the best way to sort out old holes? tape + silicone?

2 Likes

I would either use jb weld or some other epoxy. If you’re going to be re drilling them, don’t use anything soft like silicone and tape lol

If it’s a fiberglass enclosure you could also fill it up with some small bits of fiberglass and epoxy then sand it, but it’s up to you. I think it’d be easier to use epoxy or epoxy putty

1 Like

not redrilling in the same place.

i can use epoxy but i dunno how i would stop it from falling through?
tape it over then put the epoy on?

1 Like

Yep, I usually just use some painters tape and pour on the opposite side and that works just fine

1 Like

ok thanks may just try to do that

thanks a lot

1 Like

its #10-24 :confused: imperial screws are annoying

2 Likes

People also like the hearo bro deck, but if you’re looking for cheaper options that probably not what you want. If you’re looking for a cheaper, but still solid emtb, I think a common suggestion is to get a MBS complete as you get all the main components for a good price there. Boardnamics also makes GDs, including ones that will work on the MBS trucks.

Quick question for you all, rode my gtr on the wet the other day, still works fine. Went to charge and charger just blinks red. Opened it up and found a bit of water in there. Only sign of shorting I could find was a little bit of blackness at the connection from charge port to BMS. Cleaned it all up and dried it out and seems to be charging fine now. Did I get lucky and I’m good to go, or will I have more ď? Also do I need to change the connector or will it still work normally with a bit of blackness?

More problems? *

I wanna sell my cloud wheels, but they’re dirty as shit. Can I just soak them in soapy water?

If they’re yellow, they’re not gonna be un-yellowed, you can dye them to hide it but in general i’d just give them a normal dish style wash, that’s the best they’ll look