Noob question thread! 2020_Summer

took me a while but it should roughly look like this

the XT90-S will act as your loop key and your anti-spark, the fuse can also be put on the + side

1 Like

the answer is always yes, but yes can mean a lot of things. any material can fail between testing or 6 billion years later.

i’ve ridden POM gear, they are fine, i didn’t break them. but the exact same drivetrain (with another set of POM gear) was broken during testing, so asking if certain material will fail isn’t the correct question, but “how feasible is [insert material] gear for esk8 use?” is

5 Likes

cheers man, would it be safe running 12awg wire for everything but the balance cables

1 Like

Yes. I’d say 12awg is the standard here.

4 Likes

:point_up_2: this

Has anyone tried the hardened steel helical gears from Trampa? I’m curious what the difference would be between their 17.5 and 30 degree helix angles. Which one is more quiet?

Who makes Trampa’s motors? Are they worth the extra cost? I’ve got a pair of the older Flipsky 6374’s that is starting to making a very weird rattling noise that is intermittent.

Can i use a Boosted charger for 12s?

finally got my 12s3p battery soldered and no fires, and relax (a bit)
the charger output is 54.4v 2.21A - the BMS i have is 15A charge.

i thought 12s chargers were 50.4, so just checking before i mess up at the last step…

That’s too high for 12S, don’t use it

2 Likes

Thanks Brian!
the impatient, ooh i’ve finished the battery me was about to plug it in…

1 Like

well he could if he wanted to potentially burn down his house lmao

1 Like

How long does LLT usually take to ship out their BMSes?

Also, does anyone know if the p42as are going to be in stock anywhere anytime soon?

1 Like

from aliexpress or their website?

I highly doubt so, they’ll probably sell to big brands/EV manufacturers before selling to smaller companies like bulkbattery or liion wholesale (they have the P28A in stock btw) or else :cry: :man_shrugging:

1 Like

From their website; idk I feel like I’m a little unreasonable for expecting it to ship in a few days but I’ve also heard of people just not getting theirs

Pain :cry:
I was hoping to build some batteries soon…I guess I should’ve done that group buy lol

1 Like

can I run two different sized wires to the charge port, or will I need an adapter for the black wire from the daly bms

You can use two different size wires, as long as each one is at least as big as 22AWG (lower AWG numbers are bigger)

1 Like

140kv and small ratio or 210kv and higher ratio?
Both will be theoretically geared for the same speed. 63100 motors btw

Lower ratio will give you slightly better free-roll, higher ratio will give you slightly better motor efficiency. If your motors will be the bottleneck (overheating from your riding style), go high kv high ratio. Otherwise lower ratio.

Sorry for my previous reply, I just woke up. :sweat_smile:

1 Like

Battery is the bottleneck. Trampa vescs do 110A each so far, but motors get toasty pretty soon at high rpm. I’m talking 75-80°C. This is with “190kv” which is actually 180.
Freeroll is already good, just want lower temps and motors that don’t screech halfway through the rpm range

1 Like

hmm well lower kv motors do tend to be quieter, but I would still go high kv in your scenario for extra thermal gains.

Both scenarios put the same load on the ESC and battery, so those factors are irrelevant.

1 Like

In theory lower rpm avoids this cancer sound… but then there’s boiling motors. Hmm