Noob question thread! 2020_Summer

I’m a little confused as to how more series give more range but in your example the one with more parallels has more range

3 Likes

more series= more faster
more parallels= more range

1 Like

A battery with more series will have more range

That’s what confused me, but more parallels = more range makes sense, and it aligns with what the calculator does

1 Like

Every cell you add adds energy tot the total amount of the battery. So regardless if you’re increasing s count or p count you gain more energy. Arguably you get more energy out of more p groups because you pull less amps per cell and thus get more useful capacity but the same can be said for increasing voltage (s) which reduces the amps drawn for a given amount of power.

1 Like

Oooh ok, that makes sense. How hard would you say it’d be to make a new battery on my own rather than getting it from one fo the people Halb told me ab?

Building a battery isn’t hard but it requires a lot of knowledge, materials and tools.
I probably spent a few days over the last few months reading topics and learning from other people’s mistakes so I wouldn’t have to make them before I built my first pack. A spotwelder is also a substantial investment so unless you can borrow one or are planning on building more batteries that might make it unattractive.

2 Likes

Yea… I dont exactly have a spot welder lmfao

2 Likes

you could allways build one out of NESE modules

that way you can also switch out bad cells in the long run

2 Likes

I mean those look like they are single row but I could be wrong. I figured out the size that the battery needs to be, and what cells I’m going to use, the problem is idk how many parallels and series I should make it, I just know it needs to be better than the 10s2p that comes with the board. I also don’t know how to make it. Just size and cells is what i know

(Alt BTW i hit a spot limit)

huh?

E:

1 Like

The more threads you read and posts you like with the other account, the faster you get permissions and a higher post limit.

he hit the limit because he’s a new member

ah just saw it.

I really wanted to continue talking instead of waiting 22hr so i made a new acc until tomorrow

3 Likes

I think i might end up having to contact someone about the new battery

Also meant post limit earlier not spot limit

2 Likes

how fast and how far are you planning to go ?

a friend of mine who goes 30km/h max has a 10s5p that takes him around 50km+

2 Likes

Speed, realistically I don’t need to be over 20, ill be going a few miles a day to class plus some leisurely riding as well. But the more range the better, I’d like to preserve the board as much as possible

1 Like

20 mph i mean which 32 kph

Sounds like your friend has a good good pack, which is nice, but whether it would fit the board is the question. I believe the pack i need to make has to be L x W x H of 140mm x 98mm x 40mm

1 Like

so then you just need a new battery for a meepo mini? Just using larger cells or a battery with similar cells and an extra P group. It won’t change your speed at all.

that esc wont respond or it’ll break if you change the voltage, but adding P groups just give you more capacity without needing to redo anything.

2 Likes