Noob question thread! 2020_Summer

my pc takes like 3 min per vesc over tcp is that normal?

i dont mind doing it individually though

Could be, I don’t update via TCP. I don’t want to take any risk, its either via USB or i don’t update. Just my personal preference.

2 Likes

i have to update in order to fix my voltage reading issue and i cant be bothered opening the enclsoure in order to update normally
what is the risk of updating via tcp?

connection loss, aborting the update and potentially bricking the vesc?

always been reliable for me
never had any issues with it

2 Likes

That’s good.

I just don’t trust it.

2 Likes

is 24 milliohms (i think thats what its measured in on the vesc tool) a lot
my other motors get 10/9

Yeah that’s normal. A hardwired USB cable is super fast. I use TCP all the time.

I prefer to do firmware updates wired but if the enclosure isn’t open, I’m not going to unseal it for that.

1 Like

perfect just making sure nothing was going wrong

is 4000 sensorless erpm good or should i lower that a little?
and yes @b264 im using sensors

It’ll be fine, just be ready to see some 400km+ stats lol.
In my own experience after about 2 weeks fucky things start to happen with the vescs (usually when i see 102652919523 on the idle thread in terminal… kinda forgets how to count after some limit and breaks)

If it works it works
If it doesn’t then it works just for that one side. Means you do it again for the others. No harm done but worth the shot

1 Like

Vesc won’t upload a broken file. Needs to pass an integrity check and then it uploads, boots, then if successful, wipes the old one

4000 is a bit much in my experience.
I find my motors lag under that treshold before suddenly ramping up to whatever the no resistance speed gets them. I mean 4A 4000erpm
5A 4000erpm
6A 23000 erpm kinda thing

I recommend using the absolute minimum necessary to get you going. I had good experiences with 1100erpm, average experiences with 1000erpm and kinda bad on everything under. 2000 just works on anything

2 Likes

This is interesting because I could say the exact same numbers about HFI instead of sensors.

On single drives I usually end up with the HFI cutoff somewhere around 1050. For some reason on a dual drive it has to be significantly higher. Not sure why. Maybe they feedback into one another via the ground.

And I agree 2000 just works on anything. But regarding HFI.

Different system, same numbers

1 Like

There’s something about the sensored part that lags the vescs under higher rpm.
It’s like it’s trying to count 4000 rice grains by hand while under the limit if that makes sense.

3 Likes

Does tube quality matter as much as tire quality? Thinking about picking up some cheap spares in case I get a flat.

How long do I have to wait before listing a giveaway?

Before posting links to other sites (also called “spamming”), or before doing an actual giveaway on this site?

2 Likes

Oh I’m trying to streamline my skates and not have so many different parts. So real giveaway.