Noob question thread! 2020_Summer

I have never sat foot on an eboard before but I have dual motors :joy:

1 Like

Then i’d avoid gravel entirely until you have at least 100km of experience. Otherwise, cloud wheels are decent, but definitely overhyped. I have 120D cloud wheels on my second board.

1 Like

Better to start on thanes. I thought it would be the other way around. I’ll take your advice brother. Luckily I have tons of experience with longboarding.

6 Likes

There are even videos people riding thanes on path like that. It’s possible, but not the best wheel choice. Cloudwheels are not that big of an upgrade from your current 107s.

2 Likes

I do all the time cutting through woods and down canal tow patch’s. go a jogging pace and very gental alterations to speed and direction to avoid sliding out keep momentum going. Buy cloud wheels in this situation is the same as giving a banana to a starving family yes it helps but not very mutch

1 Like

i may have blown the fuse on my charge port. how can i check without opening the enclosure or something

I would check the charger 1st

3 Likes

short the + and - in ur charge port, if ur fuse didn’t blow, then it will blow, if ur fuse blown already, then its blown, time to open it up and change it :rofl:

e: do not try this if u don’t have / not sure if u have a fuse installed in the first place

3 Likes

yep that happened

ah k

will open it up then

thanks

2 Likes

If you think it’s blown because you shorted it and had a bang then you don’t have a isolated charge port so make up a lead and check it with a multi meter

i like these fuse holder a lot:

but it creats another hole in ur enclosure, if u don’t need to change fuse, it water tight, but if u need to change one, its easy af

1 Like

cant be bothered with more holes in my enclosure and i dont blow fuses that often

also its useful to get an excuse to open the enclosure after a couple hundred miles just to make sure everything is sitting tight in there

3 Likes

In never chang port a fuse blow always had exposed XT 30/60 male plugs

i ran detection.
did ppm input for all vescs and only 3 out 4 motors spin
the motor not spinning has been acting funny for the past week or so but when i tell it on the vesc tool to spin it goes fine. the ppm input isnt getting to it

1 Like

Is it ok to put epoxy putty around the PCB and sensor here? Or a better question maybe is it worth it?

1 Like

Yep, just make sure you use JB weld without steel dust in it

We did this on my friends board after we replaced a broken hall sensor, and it worked perfect. You don’t have to worry about balance or anything because this part never moves. Just make sure you don’t pack it any taller than the existing surfaces, otherwise it could end up scraping magnets.

When we did it, we used epoxy putty and it was pretty easy to apply.

5 Likes

Yeah, I was checking clearance between the sensor and the can and tb wasn’t kidding when they said the packed as much copper into this as possible

I’m going to be using putty too; I’m so glad milliput exists lol

1 Like

Does any know the ral colour for Abec 11 107mm super flywheels…

Is there a solution to mount your phone to the front trucks hardware, like a poor mans davega?

3 Likes

@Wikid You could look into quadlock. They support a wide range of devices and you could 3D print an adapter plate to go from the 2.5 in longboard mounting to a quad lock mount.