Noob question thread! 2020_Summer

@Skatardude10 do you know if anyone has tried sliding the Boa 100mm wheels, either the Cali or the China version?

2 Likes

for those of you that have a mountain board or any pneumatic board, whats it like to get a flat? can you ride it out and break. or are you gonna be instantly screwed.

Anyone tried these (as loopkey port)? 10Pcs Vergaren Zwart XT90E M Batterij Plug Vergulde Mannelijke Connector Diy Aansluiten Onderdelen Voor Rc Vliegtuigen Drone Accessoires XT90E|Parts & Accessories| - AliExpress

1 Like

@BenjaminF

2 Likes

On my Bergs I can ride home on a flat. It’s actually barely noticable. I only weigh 130lbs. though.

1 Like

I had a rim crack and puncture/explode the tube and tire practically right off the wheel. I rode it to a safe stop without doing a superman off the front.

The flat fucks with your steering more than it does your speed/acceleration. At least in my case.

3 Likes

I’ve seen them mentioned before. They look like genuine Amass, so I think they should be excellent.

2 Likes

they are genuine amass, brand new product, but currently out of stock until 20th May

2 Likes

Hmm… They aren’t out of stock on my page :thinking: Delivery 17 may

Those are the first batch that sent out when they were released, but since then everywhere I check in china has been out of stock, and amass said next batch would only be available on 20th May, im sure there are some shop that still has stock, but not much.

1 Like

It’s about time they made more special use versions of their XT90 connectors like they have for the XT60.

I still want an MT-90 (three bullets, but XT90 sized) for higher current motor connections.

And something bigger than an XT90 in a similar form factor, like an XT120/150, with like 8mm bullets. I know OSE has something like that, but I wish Amass would bring them to the masses because they’re not that well known.

2 Likes

You need to do it for each vesc, also with a unity.

Activate can forwarding and make the same change.

Are matrix 2 hangers symmetrical? I’m assuming I have to mount the baseplate with the U shape towards the center of the board for best motor clearance with motors at the rear, but does hanger orientation matter as well?

Also are the bolts on matrix 2 all thread-locked by default? Or are there ones I need to apply it to before riding?

And should I use the included rubber risers or nah? Or is it a matter of preference? I won’t be going fast, so I guess more ground clearance + shock absorption could be a good thing?

@Venom121212 you might be the best person to ask :slight_smile:

2 Likes

People must have, I have no first hand experience with them though.

Check this out lol… great way to save on an e foil build

3 Likes

They are not symmetrical front to back in regards to the hanger and the baseplate. I had to flip my baseplates because they hung over the tip of my deck a smidge and asked the lovely Joel of MBS if that was cool and he said it changes nothing other than adding a tiny bit of ride height. The hangers themselves will only change the mount profile and brake hole location. If you have any mounts with adjustable rotational positioning, it shouldn’t be an issue.

My grub screws on the shock blocks had loctite already on them and I haven’t had to add any to anywhere else. I do recommend double locknutting the kingpin when the baseplate is nice and snug with the hanger. That guy comes loose every other ride otherwise. The Achilles heel of the matrix 2s if you will. And tolerance issues for diy makers :grin:

I like the rubber risers mostly to protect the deck from sinking in with constant metal on wood contact. I ran one board without them and it was definitely more scratched up when the trucks were removed. The ride was a bit rougher but it was a different deck so could have been both.

2 Likes

Thank you! Answered all my questions :slight_smile:

2 Likes

probably MR-90 is more suitable since the triangle shape might take up too much vertical enclosure space.

QS has them starting with QS8-S up to QS10 (180a cont. / 240a burst), the RC world has been asking QS to make smaller size antispark like XT90S or even smaller anti spark for 2 years now, but they don’t seem to be interested in doing so

2 Likes

huh? Where can these be obtained?

I’ve been waiting for Amass MR90 for a long time

3 Likes

it does not exist…yet. when it does, i will be sure to hoard a box full of it and send it ur way

3 Likes