Noob question thread! 2020_Summer

I can turn without problem. I was just worried if I have done something wrong. Seeing all the others photos makes me feel better about it.

3 Likes

All in all: No problem. :smile:

3 Likes

Hey guys. First build. I’ve watched a few vesc setup tutorial but I’m still confused by a few settings.

I tried to include all the relevant information. Hopefully, I didn’t forget anything. I’m using the Zenith software to program the vesc because there are issues with the 5.x firmware with the VESC tool? (I’m not really sure what that means but I’m playing it safe. I saw this in the main xenith release thread)

1 Like

Im Building an emtb and I got everything setup besides the vesc settings.
Can you guys give me help with those settings so I don’t destroy anything with my battery or motors?

my setup : Motors - Flipsky 6384 190KV
Battery - 10s2p Samsung 40T
ESC - GO-Foc DV4 (Current :60A continuous 100A MAX )

1 Like

DV4 isn’t good for EMTB. It’ll overheat fast due to the pneumatics. Settings has to be 50-60amps max. You might need to limit duty cycle to avoid the 60k ERPM limit on the dv4. I would recommend getting a DV6 just to avoid these two main issues.

The only thing you will hurt is the esc.

1 Like

190KV on 10s is less than 60k ERPM, so nothing to worry about there. Should actually be right under 50k

As long as its not a downhill ride as mine, sure. But that esc can’t run that motor that high. I tried on my retro. It got to the point of auto resetting.

yeah, that’s true

Can I use these speed rings for matrix 2?

@Venom121212 i think you were the one I saw posting about cheap and precise shims for MTB trucks?

3 Likes

Aluminumspacers.com has a lot of common measurements and sizes

2 Likes

Yes that current value is for both motors on the Xenith/unity

Yes, I would enter a custom voltage cutoff. That one in there right now is for liion. Lowest I would go for lipo is cutoff end at 3.4

Max motor current isn’t exactly linearly or multiplicatively related to the battery current. It’s weird. I would say start at 50a and see how it feels, then change it later. 25a per motor is pretty conservative.

Those motors probably don’t have a temp sensor so you can just leave that temp there

2 Likes

Can anyone chime in on roughly how much it would cost to build an Efoil? Let’s say using Flipsky price parts, factoring everything involved in?

1 Like

My back-of-the-envelope guess says if you want any sort of decent range and performance, you’re going to be at least about $7k deep

With enough fab skills you could probably get it down though. Make your own carbon fiber wings? Make your own platform? Make your own mast? Got machine shop skills? That can knock a very, very significant amount of money off the total but add a very, very significant amount of time.

I’ve never built one though, so those are guesses based on building other LEVs.

Maybe ask around over here:

Quick question to those who got the trampa barrels:

I notice the turning is a little stiff, but it is doable. Do you have to keep making turns as you ride to get the barrels to loosen up? I feel like I answered my question here, but I need to double check.

Is it possible to convert Abec core to kegel core? Maybe there’s an adapter, or some hack?

haggy universal adapter, but it only exist for avio GD… :man_shrugging:t2:

1 Like

Plan was to get some slide wheels for BN geardrives, but they would need to be 97mm minimum (for geardrive clearance) which pretty much limits me to Evolve stonegrounds…which are Abec (I know stoneground are meant to suck…but they’re the only option for slides at that size I think)

I haven’t seen any good solutions for that yet.

Convince @moon to make Biggie Hawgs pulleys :rofl:

1 Like