Noob question thread! 2020_Summer

Oh, I assumed you were US based. In that case the Flux comes out to be quite a bit cheaper than the Nazare, lol.

There’s a premium board company local to you, I assume you’ve heard of Bioboards?

For comfort and range I think the Flux would be better, but it’s another option to consider :upside_down_face:
(Having a local shop to take it to if any repairs / upgrades are needed seems dope)

2 Likes

If you want comfort and range, those will be great, however a tad bit overkill. Fluxmotion is based in Europe, so shipping will be much easier if you get one of those boards. Riding in any snow is never recommended unless you have a mountainboard and a deathwish. I dont know too much about either of these super high end boards but even something like an exway atlas should suit you well here. (just note the exway atlas is brand new, so I’d wait a bit to see if there are any initial issues)

Bioboards is also an option that’s local to you. You can consider them too. They have good stuff as well.

2 Likes

I have checked out bioboards, but the plutonium seems to big and seriously overkill/scary for me. Not that I don’t mind speed. But that thing looks like a monster.

Lacroix boards can be bought through a Europe lacroix site or at volt ride so they are available.

I don’t ever ride in the snow. I just mean they never clean up the gravel fully in the spring-fall.

I think I took a step towards the flux after this convo. I’m 6”2 with size 13 shoes so the wider deck is appealing to me over the thinner decks of the exway/metro board/evolve stuff. One thing about the backfire I think they got right was the deck. I just wanted another inch or so.

Thanks for taking the time to answer :slight_smile:

1 Like

While I also have a 10p 35E cells, they are trash after hitting below 35v (mine). That board would suck after 42v. I guess you just gotta go with the trade off and hope you don’t have many hills to climb.

1 Like

I feel at this point capacity cells like 35E, 50E don’t belong on most boards because of this voltage sag. The base onsra black carve has a 12s3p which is going to suffer from really bad voltage sag.

3 Likes

I would get a M50A pack though. It’s decent enough. With 15A current rating, it’s good enough.

So is the battery in each board that much different, thats what your paying for in the Lacroix?

no, it’s not any different then what most of us use.
When you buy a Lacroix it’s like buying an apple phone.
You pay for

• the brand
  • excellent customer service.
  • quality built boards (using material such as titanium and 7075 aluminium
  • amazing engineering (such as their amazing HyperTrucks
  • all the components which are top spec.

So yeah, way better then any apple piece of crap :laughing:

1 Like

FTFY

3 Likes

As what @PixelatedPolyeurthan given. The battery is just the cherry on top.

1 Like

When using roll to start on a xenith/unity, how long does it take for the board to turn off again?

that can be set within the app. i think default is either 10min or 30min.
roll to start has no role in this :slight_smile:

2 Likes

how can i find what size lazy rolling hoodie i need as everyone says they make really small for that size

I mounted new 3D servisas Fatboy 230 hangers to Caliber baseplates.

Front is old 50° baseplate and looks ok to me. Or should it go more in?

Back is new 44° baseplate and pivot cup seems weird. I have metal on metal rubbing.

Did I do something wrong? This was my first time to change hangers on trucks. I just used original bushings that came with Caliber trucks and replaced hangers only.

2 Likes

Nah, you can file that corner off if you want or just leave it.

2 Likes

???
that’s clearly touching, he ain’t turning nowhere

Much turn, no problem

File it off if it annoys your OCD :rofl:

4 Likes

No problem.

5 Likes

Yeah I concur, I have some that look exactly like that. Ugly af, but not really a problem.

4 Likes