Noob question thread! 2020_Summer

You are pretty damn smart!!! just downloaded it and will solve my question tonight, thanks.

2 Likes

Hey guys, im about to build a 10s2p 30q samsung cell battery with a nese configuration.

I have a meepo charger laying around, can I use it to charge my new pack?

1 Like

This will work. For 10s, you need a 42v charger. This will also charge at 1.5amp per cell, so it’ll fully charge in about 2 and a half hours.

3 Likes

:+1:t3: Nice! That’s all he needs! I’ve been wanting to make an exact model of the board, with all these features as well…

2 Likes

Thanks!

you made that?

No, I wish, that’s an evo 39. By model, I mean a solidworks model😁

1 Like

7-8 amps?! That’s not exciting.

yikes I was wondering if I could use my evo with clear griptape but it kinda looks ugly under, so imma keep the stock tape.

1 Like

so up until this point, i measured all the cells in the pack - all equal measurements, let them sit for 10 days and they only lost 0.01V of their charge…
i cleaned the tabs with alcohol before reassembling and made sure all the connections are tight.

i resoldered basicly everything between the battery and esc, but the moment i throttle my battery still drops like atleast 5V from a full charge…

what else could i be missing :sob:

60d log

If it was a connection issue, you’d be able to notice 1 of the connections getting very hot after a short period. I think the next diagnosis would be measuring the internal resistance of the cells to check a p group hasn’t been thrown right off, I will say though dropping from 50.4 → 46V while pulling decent power from each cell is pretty normal

1 Like

Some look cold, but it’s hard to tell just from a picture.
Do your bullets have a little hole in them that you can stick your iron in?
It’s really easy to solder these if they have a little hole, you just have to avoid putting too much solder and spilling it out.

what baffles me is that it wasn’t like that from the start, and the battery only has really a few cycles

Were you as confident when you first installed it? Drawing 5A/cell and 10A/cell will pull down the voltage quite a lot more

2 Likes

i would say so, yes

i’ve been riding this setup with another battery previously

looking at my log above , you don’t see any problem ? because now im not sure anymore myself

i mean the setup rides quite normal for what i can tell in this short time, but the remote playing its LEDs like a light organ when i ride definetly wasn’t from the start

Is vesc6 sensor port using a jst-ph 2.0 6pin plug?

I got +10 & -10, just measured it on lunch.

1 Like

mk3 4 5 are ph2.0, not sure about older version

1 Like

Would buying a 3pin GX16 be the same as buying a 2pin? Like you just only connect and use 2 of the pins (for charging)?

The meanwells with adjustable voltage snd amperage and waterproof are great n cheap at 13amps.

Not much “dialing” needed really. Add a wattmeter for the win @thetrueoriginal

1 Like