Noob question thread! 2020_Summer

Do you guys think this would be safe to ride? Maybe after filling the dent with epoxy or something? Or should I try having this returned? This was supposed to be a replacement deck for the first one that came with cracks in the ply lol. There’s also another dent but it’s not as bad.

That won’t matter at all, and won’t be unsafe.

2 Likes

So you’re telling me I can’t hit sick jumps with my M1 GDs??

Boardnamics M1 drives are all steel.

4 Likes

Any good brand of shoes for esk8 that are comfortable? Also good motorcycle helmet, I like the ruroc style but the cost not so attractive tbh, I also wear glasses so goggles isn’t an option

1 Like

It’s too late, I’m already hitting backflips and pop shuv its, how dare you challenge me :joy:

2 Likes

Question for my 4wd bois out in the wild, is it normal for the vesc tool to only show 3 CAN connections even though when u blip the throttle and ride ur board all four motors are spinning properly? Nothing wrong with my 4wd setup currently but since there isnt a full in depth guide or breakdown of 4wd on forums wanted to ask here?

1 Like

How is the connector for the diebiems balance cables called and or the name of the crimps for it?
EDIT: Found it: WR-MPC3 Series, Surface Mount, Header, 16 Contacts, 3 mm
Missed it the first time on the BoM. xD

Sounds like you’re looking for a full face but if not I like the Akoury AK1:
ak1

It’s not a big mushroom head, but it’s a real DOT helmet, not one of those “novelty” beanies Harley people wear.
It comes down to protect the back of your head
Normally I’m not into that Harley cosplay but I like the look of it.

I have a Schuberth I wear on my motorcycle but they cost $1000 and just seem like way too much for skating.

2 Likes

Hey so I have a question about these connections. Which one should I cut off and which ones should I use.?20210420_105100|690x310

I’m leaning more towards cutting of the unity’s connectors and keeping the one on the motors. Ps warranties are Not a consideration! lol

1 Like

Looks like this photo didn’t upload first time

I would keep the big bullets on the motors and swap out the esc one instead, but that’s just me. Some people like the mr60 connector also, u might also want to consider that as well

2 Likes

Thanks @frame that’s pretty much what I thought 2. Good to have some confirmation but, cuase I sometimes think weird shit! Mr60 would be cool but don’t have it in the draw so will go with the bullets.:upside_down_face:

1 Like

Just make sure u have insulation between the bullets, u don’t wanna short out the motors

1 Like

@frame Cheers mate will do, was planning to wrap in silicon tape and heat shrink over that.

1 Like

So I’ve only soldered a couple times and i think it shows! Lol
But does anyone have any thoughts on if these joints look usable or not?

2 Likes

The one on the left I’d redo because there is too much wire insulation missing.

The second one from the right I’d redo because it looks a tad cold and missing flux.

The other 4 look fine :sunglasses:

4 Likes

@b264 yeah that second one from right is killing me, dunno why but thats already my third attempt at that one. Guess I’ll give it another crack. Cheers

If your charger is operating correctly, it won’t overheat no matter how large the capacity of the battery it’s charging is. The charger doesn’t know or care, ore behave any different.

And if you’re charging them separately, then you have the potential to cause damage to the packs when connecting them together if they’re not exactly at the same voltage. Humans are fallible, so the more you remove the human element, the better.

Better to just leave them connected all the time and charge them together.

2 Likes