Noob question thread! 2020_Summer

I think it will carve pretty badly and feel very numb. For a street board with a small to medium deck size it would be natural to have narrower, lighter RKP trucks which would contribute to keep the agility to the board as a whole.

To be frank, this doesn’t make sense to me at all and seems like a Frankenstein.

2 Likes

So I just came back from a test ride that was about 6km, my Davega is showing 41km, why is that? Did I set it up wrong? The speedometer seems to show the correct speed.

PWM pc fans operate on 12v, so there’s no easy way. Also a vesc has no way of controlling fan speed, but if you just get a buck converter and plug in 12v and gnd it will spin at full speed.

1 Like

Thanks man. Do you know if there are microcontrollers you could use or maybe even a temp probe so that the fan spins faster or slower depending on the heat? I bought one of those crazy delta fans that’s Linus tech tips showed that cuts carrots up and I’d prefer is not running at full speed given the noise bhahah

1 Like

I believe the fans are controlled with voltage. But the problem is that delta fan will suck an ungodly amount of current so it makes no sense to use it. Get a 40 or 60mm noctua fan that will sip a fraction of an amp and give you airflow. At that point just hooking up 12v won’t be loud and will give you some good air movement.

1 Like

Too late :rofl:
Apparently it pulls 4a, which is fine since I’ll probably just have a switch to turn it on/off.
I need a lot of air flow, will be running A123 lithiumworks LiFePO4 cells at 50a each :sweat_smile:

2 Likes

Blowie Matron? :eyes:
at this rate, u might as well build a wind tunnel to cool them cells :rofl:

3 Likes

That’s him! :rofl: He’s areing soon! Just landed in France.

Fan goes brr :laughing:
Dude does 12,000rpm

2 Likes

i would suggest look into 48v dc fan, i’ve used a few of those back when i did school project for physics class, mega airflow (CFM) is what u need rather than high rpm

found this might interest u: OD180APL-48HTB

1 Like

I do have size restrictions, 92mm being the max. I’ll have a look at high air flow options. But I think I’ll be happy with blowie matron :rofl:

1 Like

u can apply the filters on the mouser website: https://www.mouser.com/Thermal-Management/Fans-Blowers/Fans/DC-Fans/_/N-dwatb and see which one fits u best

blowie is gonna be loud af with that kind of rpm, better to have lower rpm with high airflow instead. but yes, blowie is awesome :rofl:

1 Like

There are thermistor controlled case fans like this one:

1 Like

You should be able to change the ramp by adding resistors.

1 Like

Awesome man, Thanks!

oo nice.

btw here’s the setup,

2 Likes

Wind tunnel! Nice shit

If u can maximize the surface area of the battery pack, then it will be cooled more efficiently

1 Like

i’m making sure the bottom of the pack will have contact with the steel plate below, the steel plate is flat, i will isolate with kapton, but nothing should short once i secure it into place :smile:

1 Like

make it real, i want to see it in action :star_struck: its gonna be loud af but it will be worth it

1 Like

Maybe this is known but I see that you can get thermally conductive kapton:

2 Likes

Wow i didn’t know, that’s indeed great!
Cheers!

2 Likes

Oh I don’t like the sound of that. K I’ll skip those.

1 Like