Noob question thread! 2020_Summer

In FUB, you need a number like “5/16-24” which I think is the size of the axle nut, but I wasn’t sure enough to write it as an answer. But that’s the format the answer would take for a FUB thread size.

2 Likes

i actually had 5⁄16 - 24 UNF and 3⁄8 - 24 UNF before, and i though just the fraction number would do :man_shrugging:t2:

my bad

1 Like

anyone know what this is? at above like 5kmh im fine but below that i keep getting some cogging from the gears. is it just the hall sensors? it sounded like the gears rather then the motors but i tried to recreate it at home. (sorry if its not perfect)

1 Like

Imagine using this over:

M6…

6 Likes

789F784E-2CC3-42CA-8D6A-B0371022A610

3 Likes

The second number designates the thread pitch, so 24 would mean 24 threads per inch. Can get pretty confusing since the diameters are the same and they’ll both fit into a thru hole. They each have their own benefits however, so I feel like it makes more sense sometimes than metric from an engineering standpoint, which has a standardized thread pitch. Sometimes you need the extra threads, but retain a certain diameter.

5 Likes

good info to know, sadly i never learnt these anywhere since metric is standard for us here :slightly_smiling_face:

1 Like

If you are unable to move from standstill, its the sensors. If you can move fine by kicking it, it became sensorless.

i can move but its just making a funny noise. i think its one motors hall sensors arent great

Yeah, it sounds like a sensor issue, but I would check the motor wires as well just incase. This also happened to me.

1 Like

Fuck yeah that works. Im talking about doing that for some time now.
Cool to know it fits…Are these Evolve trucks?

1 Like

They are evolve clones but should work with the OGs

1 Like

What are the best trucks for a mountain board, Trampa or MBS?

Finality Drive from 3dServisas. For that price your can get a whole board though.

“Best” is entirely subjective. Its different for everyone.

If you give us parameters for your build and how you will use it, we might be able to give you more specific recommendations.

4 Likes

What does FUB stand for?

Edit: searching google for “imperial fub screw” actually brings up this thread on esk8.news as the first result… so it seems uncommon

I prefer metric, but let’s not oversimplify this. Metric sizes have multiple pitch options as well.

M6 x 0.75mm is a fine pitch
M6 x 1.0mm is a coarse thread
There’s also M6 x 0.5mm which is extra fine
And often 2 or 3 more specialty pitches.

UNF just stands for Unified National Thread - Fine
UNC is Unified National Thread - Coarse
It’s redundant to say 5⁄16 - 24 UNF. You only need 5/16-24 (dia - tpi).
Imperial fasteners use TPI (threads per inch) whereas metric uses pitch (dist between threads). TPI = 1/pitch.

The reason you can get away with only asking / searching for the dia (M6) is that coarse pitch is the default if not specified.

6 Likes

“Freedom Units Bullshit” aka the imperial system

2 Likes

Ah. That would be why I couldn’t find it anywhere…

3 Likes

Does it roll smoothly? (No motor power applied) it may be incorrect gear spacing

2 Likes