Noob question thread! 2020_Summer

is it normal to have these marks on nese tabs after a few cycles?

1 Like

I’m building my first Belt drive and I’m having problems with the motor (it’s a single drive for now). Motor detection went fine and everything looks good when I tested the board with the remote ( It had no resistance tho, because the board was laying upside down).
When i stand on it and try to test out the motor it just makes a rattling noise and doesn’t do anything.
When I tried to roll a bit and then activate the motor it worked kinda fina, so it only has problems when standing still. I’m using a hall sensor tho.

Make sure you selected “sensored” or “sensored hybrid” in the vesc settings, and that you’ve got a good hall sensor detection, and applied that detection.

4 Likes

Yep, i wouldn’t worry about it. The cells vibrate around in there a bit, so they rub against the copper.

What FW version are you running? FW5.2 has issues with motor detection.

1 Like

i need a large amount of risers (around 1-2 inches) what can i use for it? metal is the only way?
thing is i am currently using a pla riser but gonna change as i dont trust that at all

Wood should work, just make sure it’s decent wood and not MDF or something.

2 Likes

not a wood expert
got some wood lying around which my dad uses for all different stuff (fences, shed, taple tops) would that be ok

Dumb or smart idea?

Put the big trucks and wheels on the tiny 27 inch board should I do that?

1 Like

You’re not going to be running mtb trucks on a street deck are you?

1 Like

nope
fatboy 270 on redember xapham motors forward mounted

Maybe not for that board since it looks similar to mine with 0° angle. Which won’t make that turn at all unless you have angled risers.

1 Like

the tail is slingly angled but i do have a 3d printer so i could make a riser to angle the front too

1 Like

Any sort of hardwood should be fine. Be sure to treat it so it resists moisture and rot.

1 Like

If you can get it to at least 35° you should be good then.

1 Like

Can the Xiaoxiang Smart BMS app toggle discharge on/off?

like? a varnish?

Sure, or polyurethane sealant or epoxy. It’s basically part of a skateboard deck if you really think about it.

1 Like

think we got some vanish for outdoor tabletops so prob will just use that
thanks a lot

Could a poor remote connection cause my motors to randomly cut out for a split second? Sometimes when I accelerate or decelerate somewhat quickly, my board stops accelerating for a split second and jerks back and forth.

Check for faults.

1 Like