Noob question thread! 2020_Summer

FS is my recommendation. They’re amazing at 190kv.

That’s gonna cost me like $200, so it’s gonna have to wait a month or few. After that I’ll take the 1 good motor and put it on my single drive to replace the 5065 motor.

2 Likes

What’s the budget? Do they need to screw into an existing truck hanger? Which hanger?

1 Like

I want to use Fluxmotion button with Spintend ESC, however it has 3 pin connection and Fluxmotion button has 4 wires. How do I modify a button to work with Spintend ESC? I guess would need to solder other JST connection, but would be left with one not used wire from a button.

My guess would be the LED and the switch share a common ground for the three-wire setup.

No easy way to tell from that photo though, I’d need a good clean shot of the back of the switch at least.

Or you could trace it out with a multimeter.

Can anyone help me as to why for 4WD my board only seems to show 3x motors when setting up ?

Dumb question but did you make sure that the puck is in “fast” mode? For me in slow mode the input wizard barely registers anything

Yeah I did. Cheers though. I think it’s stuffed

I still haven’t found a solution to my locking nut problem.

both are M5. The left one fits with my T-tool, the right one doesn’t. The size of the left one always came with skatehardware but everywhere else i can only find the small right one.

M5 according to the Standards are max 8mm but the one i always used is 9.4mm

2 Likes

are both nylock?

Yes

1 Like

and they are both metric
no imperial voodoo

1 Like

As far as i can tell, yes.

I do have imperial screws and nuts but they have the same size nut i think.

1 Like

That appears to be some sort of Metric+Imperial bastard child nut that you’ve found, probably ONLY useful on skate hardware and nowhere else

I have no idea how to find another nut with FUB exterior and Metric interior.

I’d suggest abandoning the search LoL.zzz

1 Like

that’s what i was thinking it could be.

I’ll measure the imperial nuts when I’m back home.

1 Like

the metric nuts are so small thooo and i would need to buy another t-tool. I want some beefy nuts (that’s what she said)

Looks like a 3/8 inch outside hex and an M5 internal thread based on your descriptions

1 Like

Are you like 100.000% sure the inside thread is M5, and not just some FUB thread that happens to fit?

I think this is the problem holding you back. Find out which FUB thread fits M5

@MysticalDork do you know?

2 Likes

guys, can you help me troubleshoot my p42a nese 12s4p pack ?

i started getting immense voltage sag and the pack is basicly new…
on my testride today, i went from basicly fully charged to about 42V momentarily when accelerating, this behaviour definetly wasn’t there from the start.

what i did so far is check that all the connections of the modules and wires is solid, which seemingly is, so the problem is a bad cell ?
when watching the smart bms output while accelerating groups 3 and 4 seem to sag more than all the others, but atleast on the graph it does’t look THAT drastic…

how can i proceed from here to find the issue ?

bad p group?