Noob question thread! 2020_Summer

I am sure I won’t push it enough to generate heat almost at all, on the other hand it’s S. FL, so it starts off hotter than hell before you’ve even turned it on.

1 Like

That is a fair point. It’s not super hot here yet either. I was overheating my retro in the winter when it was 60 out lol

1 Like

I overheated mine by going up 35% grade hills lol. It was cold too.

1 Like

That’s right.

1 Like

To be fair to the ESC I was running two 6374 motors at 85a and 50a battery

75 on mine with 38A battery max same motors

1 Like

Thoughts on running .5 inch riser on back truck nothing on the front, would it mess with ride quality or anything else?

If anything, I’d put it on the front and not the back. On a longboard, I don’t think it will cause any problems except add a small amount of instability at higher speeds

1 Like

I took my risers off to get a lower stance, everything clears except the motor mounts on larger pavement breaks. That’s why I needed them on the back. That will cause instability at high speeds?

As long as your weight is distributed more on the front instead of the back and you’re not trying to go faster than your limit (since risers can make the board a bit unstable in higher speed, it’s not often, but it can happen), you should be fine.

1 Like

Theoretically, yes a tiny bit. It’s going to slightly lower the front truck angle and slightly raise the rear truck angle, and the shorter the wheelbase is, the more it will do that.

1 Like

this had me very confused for about my first hour with my dv4 lol

I kept messing with the update settings and then bootloader after 3 attempts. It somehow worked and I wrote about it. It was my first build outside of Chinese boards, but very useful.

I just kept pressing things until my update was successful and I was able to setup my vx1 input. In hindsight, I probably could’ve fried it, but im glad it went fine

Question for folks who have experience with drop through decks (hummie, TB40, rayne demonseed, rayne crush, etc…) with RKP trucks and belt drive.

I have only found builds with 218mm or larger truck hangers. Do 184mm hangers not work well with drop deck setups for some reason? is there maybe a clearance issue between belt system and board?

Or is it just that everyone wants to use motors bigger than 6355s?

That makes sense, I’ll just ride it a while and see how many times I scap if any and put them back on if needed. Thanks as always for the good explanation

Yep you pretty much hit the nail on the head here. It’s possible, but it usually requires really long mounts, and ends up with the motor mounts being parallel to the ground to keep them from hitting the deck. This means really crap motor clearance, and broken motors in your future.

100% I have a drop through deck, and I used ~180mm hangers with a single 5065 motor. I had very low clearance, and chances are a 63xx motor wouldn’t fit, but it varies from deck to deck.

To fix this I got 120mm cloud wheels and I have my motor mounts parallel to the ground.

Yeah and I feel like most people making street builds nowadays just use BN 220 trucks or hangers anyway

They’re just super easy and great hangers/trucks

DV6 on the way

3 Likes