Noob question thread! 2020_Summer

Right, I’d have to find one in Europe / Sweden preferably to reduce shipping cost. I am not a 3D designer by craft though, so I wouldn’t be able to produce a file which can be printed

the difficult thing would be to design something with a lid that you can take off easily

Exactly. Perhaps something clever can be done though, like having a piece that latches onto other pieces which can be detached if pushed correctly (so removing the necessity of an actual lid with hinges). like, it “locks” into place like how graphics card attaches to a PCI-E slot, for a lack of a better analogy. Like a french cleat in woodworking.

@Timmy

i came up with this, you would have to secure it on 1 side
rough sketch

4 Likes

Yes! I like this, Timmy. I need to log off for the night, but I will think about this tomorrow and think of some clever solution for securing it. I’ll cya tomorrow

Thanks for the amazing help

1 Like

you’re putting 2 in series and then 2 10S batteries in parallel right?
if so you’ll need some extra room for those wires

Just picked up some black silicone NC from my fastener guys this morning.

It’s a Aussie brand so you won’t find it there.

ok, I will try investing in the TB ones. Thanks

Should I use the vesc software or ackmaniac software for my focbox v1.6?

Unless you have technical issues stick with vesc fw. Focbox doesn’t deviate much from reference design.
Especially if you are running openloop or using a UART remote vx1/vx2/trampstamp

1 Like

I live in a highrise downtown and I also cannot manufacture DIY enclosures.

My advice then is to buy the deck and enclosure at the same time, together. Depending on budget, the higher budget go for Sender Skates, for a lower budget find something being sold used on the forums, but this can take a long time until something pops up, then you have to be the first to see it. For a middle ground, maybe look into a @torqueboards TB40 deck because I think those have enclosures available as well.

Still waiting on mine to ship cough cough Dex…

1 Like

@Hoaz definitely get (or make) a fiberglass enclosure and not ABS and not carbon fiber. If you can’t get fiberglass, carbon fiber is better than ABS. Don’t get ABS.

Carbon fiber is a conductor and weakens/blocks radio signals.

Do the TB110 wheels fit the haggy kegel gears and pulley setup that come with the senor pepe tires on the haggy drivetrain?

1 Like

Yup. Run mine that way.

1 Like

Sweet. The motor clearance I’m seeing with the 90mm wheels has me eyeing these tb110s. How do you like them?

1 Like

Completely removed my desire to own other urethane wheels. In fact, I like my 78A as much as my 74A.

3 Likes

My wallet is not happy with your response, however I haven’t even tried the senor pepes yet so maybe I should give it a shot before blindly buying more tires lol. Just a little nervous with the clearance on the century 40, and I’ve got way too many flats right now on the pneumatics :frowning:

1 Like

I have these, and they’re definitely nice wheels. So definitely roll them before looking elsewhere.

1 Like

I wantz to see :eyes:… how u manage century + pepezzzz

Hmmm