Noob question thread! 2020_Summer

As @xsynatic mentioned.

Just pm if you want to order one, i can order some grommets that arrive faster🤘

I am also working on a gx12 connector version btw.

3 Likes

What pinout are you using for the GX12 sensor connections?

1 Like

Havent decided the order yet, suggestions welcome :ok_hand:

2 Likes

How much current draw can the low voltage rails on a vesc handle?
Mainly wondering for connecting the led button and a davega on the same side, as the other will handle the remote receiver

Looking to replace one of my motors that took some damage last season, where do ya’ll suggest buying new/replacement motors? I live in US, and I currently have a haggy drivetrain and 6380’s - but Timo doesn’t have access to his stock at the moment :frowning:

Can I replace just one motor and run another of a different manufacturer? or should i just replace both at once? How do I know for sure if motors will fit in my kahua trucks and mounts?

How do i activate live packets on the vesc tool mobile UI? can’t do foc_openloop without it.

@Trampa

I was about to ask if i could use this epoxy within a hubmotor to secure a shim.

According to the datasheet it’s strength goes down pretty much with heat. Hubs + heat = best friends.

On the other side it has no direct force apart from the rattling and banging caused by the road.

Whats your take? @b264

1 Like

Trying to upload a 53seconds video on a topic that I’m about to finish…

Is there any better way to upload it without link it to YouTube?

1 Like

Link it to youtube. Easiest way.

Else compress the video a bit more.

3 Likes

which would be better on 110s 15/40 or 16/40?

Depending on the actual USB voltage and how much it drops over the length of the cable there can sometimes not be a high enough voltage reaching the device to allow for a full 4.20V charge.

2 Likes

The wallplug i used was my phone charger that’s rated 5v 4A. THe cable i used was…1.30m ish? I’ve tried a different 90cm one. (Both are not the ones that came with the charger)

but god knows what usb power controller they’ve used inside the speaker. I think the 0.1v won’t make the runtime that much longer anyway.

2 Likes

On the 5V rail you can probably safely draw up to 750mA-ish but remember if that accidentally gets shorted out, the MCU looses power, so that’s a significant failure mode to watch out for in your wiring.

If I recall, it’s rated for 1200mA but it’s also powering the whole VESC and MCU, etc.

4 Likes

@b264 How do you post working videos? I can never figure it out…

1 Like

Drag an “MP4” file into here.

Or,

use YouTube or another provider and use their embed link.

If you try putting a “MOV” in here, it won’t work for a whole lot of folks, avoid doing that.

If you just do the youtube option then Google can pay for hosting the content instead of us paying for it. Fractions of a penny, but these things add up.

3 Likes

Mp4 and webm work perfectly. It’s crapple formats like .mov / .avi that fuck up and only show on other crapple devices and nothing else

2 Likes

Pretty much crapple.

3 Likes

i thought lower motor pulley teeth was less speed

it is.

But I prefer to describe that as “MOAR TORQUE”

2 Likes

yes thats what i thought lol, leon just kinda confused me

1 Like