Noob question thread! 2020_Summer

I’m assuming I match black, red and white while the other 3 are just temp sensors and it doesnt matter?

Lol not quite

If I had to guess without looking at your stuff, I would say the following:

Red to red. 5v positive
Black to black. Ground
White to white. Temp if you have one

Other three are the hall sensors, which you can technically connect in whatever order you want. When you run sensor detection, it will place them where they’re supposed to be in the software.

1 Like

ah, I was somehow under the impression that there are 3 temp sensors but thats probably due to a poorly translated diagram

1 Like

There should not be three temp sensors. Three hall sensors, spaced 120 degrees apart on the stator

1 Like

yeah im going to just blame it on a poorly translated chinese diagram :rofl:

1 Like

Although this is true in most case, the Chinese like to do their own shit. I’ve seen and got frustrated because red was GND and black being the 5V+ :rofl:

1 Like

Wow that’s messed up lol

1 Like

It was boundmotor afterall :man_shrugging:t2: they are good at these

wait - how do i check if my hall sensors are wired right? Vesc tool says sensorless when I setup as FOC.

hmm, when I run hal detection it gives me an error :frowning:

looking at the given layout on the vesc, 5v is the… green??? bruh guess I’m rewiring all of it.

Still not 100% sure how to read the numbers do the numbers at the bottom look legit for my 6 mile ride?

heres the pinout for the haggy 6364
red - 5v
black - gnd
blue - temp
yellow -hall
brown -hall
white -hall

2 Likes

like wtf is this

Phew, finally got it done with some shitty soldering. nothing some heatshrink cant keep together xd

@b264 or any buddy with racestar 5065 motors experience what’s better 140kv or 200kv ???
on a 10s4p 8ah MakerX v4
83mm thane I have a 15t-36t 2.4 ratio

this is for a friend she’s 5’6
125lbs rides in the skateparks all the time but wants to get into esk8 20-25mph goal

I have the 140kv with that exact same gear ratio and wheel size. That isn’t going to get you to 20mph. 200kv will get you past 20.
Left is 140kv, right is 200kv.
ignore range estimates ofc, I just threw in random numbers, but expect about 15 miles with that battery
image image

Also, if you put 100mm wheels instead and keep 140kv, you’ll get some good speed

2 Likes

Thanks @Evwan i think 140kv just in case she wants bigger wheels for the crazy downtown brick pavements :call_me_hand:

1 Like

Yeah, I’m going to buy some 97 mm flywheels from a buddy of mine that’ll fit my existing pulleys and increase speed

1 Like

200Kv version

1 Like