Noob question thread! 2020_Summer

If the deck seems broken/has cracks or the wood isn’t strong enough, yes. Other than that, nope. You can even use a plank with grip tape and still esk8. Just make sure your foot fits nicely on the wood.

1 Like

I’m glad I’m not the only one who does the 90° back foot and random positions for the front.

1 Like

I think that’s how 90% of esk8 riders use their boards

4 Likes

Hi guys. What tyre pressures do you normally run? I had an off today on my trampa and one tyre basically came off the rim. Was wondering if that was a pressure issue or I had a flat I didn’t notice? It was a strange one as i was stable and then suddenly fell

I think i run mine at ~40psi

When off-roading a bit less.

1 Like

Check if your tube is punctured or if the rim is cracked. Other than those, I cant think of a reason why the tire would come off the rim.

Do you think the tire coming off the rim is what caused the crash? Or did the tire come off the rim because of the crash?

I usually run all my pneumatics at like 10-15PSI higher than they are rated for, because I like efficiency. What tubes, tires, and wheels are you using?

I think the tyre coming off the rim was a result of the crash tbh. Could have a puncture though which may have caused it. I haven’t looked at it yet, I’m going to do some cleaning up of it in the week so I will look than.

I’m on Trampa mudpluggers 9 inch with Innova inners and deep dish fatlads. They have been good so far apart from a few punctures from thorns on road. I was on a gravel track when I fell off so doubt it was a puncture from thst

I can never do the strap on thing. It discomforts my feet keeping it locked.

3 Likes

Well, if it’s something your partner really wants to try then…oh, wait…you’re talking about bindings. :crazy_face:

10 Likes

It vastly depends what straps you use. The f5 seem to be the best around, like a set of luxury crocs with memory foam padding.
I mean they’re still crocs, but you can overlook that part once you try them.

I fear for my safety on the roads with these but at the same time i enjoy the turning leverage they give me (and i can jump with the board too)

2 Likes

We use urethane rubbery things for other purposes around here sir
tenor-12

7 Likes

Well played sir.

1 Like

Alrighty cool, I was wondering since some parts of the deck weren’t cut too well, and some places had more material than the side opposite to it.

What the consensus on a battery pack fuse?
Highly recommended? Just taking up extra space? Potentially dangerous meatcrayon creator?

On P42a packs you could potentially put out >100A just fine. Mini blade fuses are no longer an option. I guess inline ANL is the way to go.

1 Like

Some do, I don’t because

Too many dangerous places where I ride where if a fuse blew when it shouldn’t have I would be not very alive.

2 Likes

dangerous and pointless

Fuse your charge port, that’s all

4 Likes

:fax:

1 Like

Fax it?
Skrillex sound effects?
ET phone home?
1999 called?

3 Likes

screencapture-urbandictionary-define-php-2021-03-22-17_32_32

That’s fax :ok_hand: :ok_hand: :ok_hand:

6 Likes

Im super confused about hall sensor colors.

One extension is black, red, white, yellow, orange, green (in that order)
and the motor. is white, black, red, brown, green and blue (not in order)
What goes to what!??!?