Noob question thread! 2020_Summer

Nice will try to do so
Can you explain how though
What settings do I need to change for the app

How do you calculate the gear ratio of a 3 gear drive to find out estimated top speed?

1 Like

Bit janky and i changed the language but you manually allow background activity under battery and lastly for good measure you keep the app locked open

1 Like

K not really sure if I get it
Will try to look around settings and find out
Thanks

(small gear 1 times small gear 2) split by (big gear 1 times big gear 2)= final gear reduction. Simplifly till it can’t be divided anymore

1 Like

Like this?

1 Like

Here’s a 2 stage 20:60 (1:3) each gear ratio

Both together give 9, well, 1:9, but calculator gives me 0.(1) so he can fuck off.
If you use a calculator that gives fractions give it small/big.
If you use one that gives 0.36252936 numbers give it big/small and add 1: to it

1 Like

So what would the ratio be with the gears 8-16-40?

1 Like

actually the unity was connected with thermal paste to the outer layer of my enclosure, which is all metal, so that would also be the plan for the new esc i get.

does the dv6 allow for a bottom mounted heatsink ?

yes, here is the mounting holes pattern

1 Like

Isn’t the middle gear with 2 rows of teeth?

2 Likes

is there a speed difference between v4 and v6 hardware?

:face_with_monocle:

40430_2020_2557_Fig1_HTML
?

1 Like

If you are somehow trying to determine the gear ratio of a 3 gear, as in 3 sets of teeth meshing in line, it’s just the first divided by the last. There is no further reduction happening because of the middle gear. The middle gear is either completely useless or is there to bridge a gap

3 Likes

I was going to run it like this

1 Like

The only reason you would have the middle gear is to get the motor out from under the deck to solve clearance issues.
If gear 1 needs to move one full turn to turn last gear for a quarter (1:4), if you remove the middle gear and connect the remaining together, you get the exact same 1:4 gear ratio

1 Like

The middle gear would only reduce by being 2 stage. Let’s say 40 teeth outside and 10 teeth inside. Just by connecting it in the right way you get another 1:4 reduction to the previous example for a total reduction of 1:16

1 Like

Ohhh alright that makes sense, and then for a two stage it’s like this

@Athrx

1 Like

Sorry but i’m too tired to keep track of what’s going on there. I drew this for you
(Small gear times small gear) split by (big gear times big gear) = small gears total split by big gears total. Simplify and it’s the total gear ratio right there

2 Likes