Noob question thread! 2020_Summer

I think they’re somewhere around 110Kv or 120Kv maybe?

IDK that’s from memory

1 Like

Looks like you figured it out yourself. A lot of the times new fw versions come with required new bootloader. It is not mentioned or detected anywhere so it’s generally a good idea to update everything

thats if they are speed drives. not sure if jerry made torque drives of the v3

Abs will crack, simple as that. If it’s cheap i’d say run with it and see in time where the stress points are to reinforce it

2 Likes

That’s why one of you in the UK should do this :grinning:

I got the US folks taken care of :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

They’re something like $0.62/ea plus $12.00 shipping from mouser for me

or something close to that

2 Likes

I mean… Come on


10 for 2 quid, coming in 3 days, or 50 for 6 quid coming today (sunday) afternoon
@Halbj613 found you same day delivery on something, look

2 Likes

yeah saw some also
gonna just order them or go to halfords tomorrow to pick up

2 Likes

10 for £1.85 is pretty good!

1 Like

With prime the second option makes even more sense. Couldn’t be bothered even making a run for halfords when i know it’s at my door this evening, for a price that wouldn’t even cover shipping normally

2 Likes

I’m running my 3 link trucks with metroboard 155 wheels and hubs. The bearings that came with wheels are 10mm id but the spacer inside the wheels is 12 mm. So when I tighten the wheel it rubs to side wall of bearing. Did anyone else have this issue

Sounds like the spacer is too big

Well I just don’t get why it wouldn’t be the same size, shouldn’t it be 10mm throughout.

Maybe someone messed up.

It came that way from metro.

Do you have a photograph?

In regard to what was talked about earlier, what is a bootloader? And how is it installed? I thought everything was there once you installed the vesc tool?

It’s like the bios on your motherboard. Loads up the firmware when you press the power button. There are compatibility checks in place so if the bootloader fails to start with a new firmware it just boots up with the last known good file. That is why you see the firmware upload go through but after it restarts you still have the old version

2 Likes

A bootloader is a small piece of software that runs automatically when you power on the vesc, and its only job is to go and grab the rest of the vesc’s operating system/firmware and get it running, then hand everything off to the OS.

2 Likes

I always presumed it was similar to loading things or having a previous software stored and runs as a start up before firmware begins to take over in a pc perspective.

I used to mod games and it was always mentioned.

1 Like

Hello folks, I’ve got a 12S charger being shipped to me next week although I want to know if there is any harm in using my 10S charger that’s 42.0V. (I upgraded my battery from a 10S to a 12S)

My current voltage is 46.6 as I rode for a bit, leaving the 10S charger plugged in for a few hours did nothing to increase the volts.

Also, what’s the best way to test that your battery is charging correctly?