Noob question thread! 2020_Summer

I didnt consider that theyu would put in cells and just never hook them up.

1 Like

Remember this golden rule:

“If it’s too cheap, it’s too good to be true.”

5 Likes

Those are either empty or filled with sand. It would cost actual money to put even the worst lithium cell in there

4 Likes

I saw a possibility as there’s room there to make profit if they got the cells in bulk, but like eh ig not

Look at fogstar wholesale. Those are the cheapest prices possible, before tax, with razor thin margins. Anything below that and it costs more to make than they would sell for, so it’s safe to assume there’s fakes under the wraps of any other supplier that claims cheaper prices

1 Like

@evwan maybe @skyart or @ZachTetra could spot weld some p groups and then you can do the rest. that way costs dont have to be to high

if anyone needs Pgourps Spot welded Send me a DM and we can chat

5 Likes

I’ll text you if I need another small battery besides the one I’m alr talking to you about

1 Like

I haven’t built one, but I’ve looked into it enough to know it costs about 2x to 6x the amount of a nice top end esk8. I’m sure you found foil.zone, I’m guessing?

2 Likes

I would want more clearance than that

1 Like

So flipsky is selling motors with ethernet 140kv or 190kv. Is 140kv better suited for higher voltage than 12S?

I’m assuming I’ll just have to solder thick wires to put them in series?

1 Like

110mm on a hummie double stack isn’t even really enough for me

1 Like

I think 12 awg is good for series connections I see people use 3 wires between parallel pack to connect them in series

really? you must have bad potholes
this board is for summer riding and my area has reasonably good streets (other then 1 or 2 which you have to avoid)
eitherway cant do dropdown as sadly i get motor bite (wheel bite but with motors)

also noob question i have a d596 i want to change to a llt bms as i need something way smaller and was wondering if anyone knows the conenctor type on the d596 and the one for the llt so i can create an adapter? thank you if you can help

Well I do have it drop through mounted, and yes, some bad roads

Mostly I can’t go over any speedbump and I’ve scraped on some driveways

To be fair, it’s fine most of the time but man did it make it more fun when I put the 6 inch bergs on

1 Like

yeah there are plenty of sloped curbs here and also there is one road with speedbumps which is litterally perfect for speed runs if it didnt have them
quiet road slight incline and perfect tarmac for around 1km

ah right, not happening then. I did find foil.zone, from a post of yours actually =D

1 Like

Tried to set Absolute Max Current to the Xenith’s max of 300A, but every time I hit Write Motor Configuration, it overrides back to the default 400A.

Is this a serious issue?

Latest VESC tool, latest FM

No, it’s working as intended. You don’t want that low.

5 Likes