Noob question thread! 2020_Summer

original post

Oh I was referring about the battery. That battery isn’t good.

1 Like

Yeah I know, but I’ll barely be pulling any amperage out of it and I wont be using it much.

Even if you pull out less than 6 amps. The batteries from Ali are not regulated and carefully checked. That’s why they’re so cheap. That will still cause a fire. You could open it up and see what cell it uses to avoid any problems.

1 Like

I know that it’s a fire hazard, but from what I understand explosive hoverboard batteries used cheap generic cells and NO bms to cut costs. I’ll open it up of course and make sure they’re samsung 22P. I doubt they’re putting fake heatshrink on the individual cells that say 22P.

1 Like

You’d be surprised lol it’s very common in China.

1 Like

seriously!??! Samsung 22p are cheap, buying in low quantity they’re a bit over $2 per cell, which is why I find the listing believable.

Lol I’ve seen some manufacturers claiming their cells are 25r, only to realize they’re no where in that spectrum. Just be careful and hope they’re legitimate.

1 Like

Oh yeah…

You know, the things that are banned on all flights, and in most cities?

Lets not have more of that

2 Likes

I’m this |________| <— (2 inches) away from buying a fucking spotwelder and just doing it myself

3 Likes

You’d be doing yourself a huge favor tbh.

2 Likes

i dont have space for a spotwelder! My room is tiny and I barely have enough space for basic power tools

1 Like

Not safe. Not by a thousand miles
I say it again, those battery packs, in that exact shape, format, capacity, voltage, are the number one reason why lithium batteries are not allowed on planes today. They took down some planes, killed some people and exploded at any random point within use, and here in the uk pushed for police to confiscate any hoverboard caught on public property because that’s exactly what packs they used. Please understand the actual cost of batteries and why for $40 no one can even cover the manufacturing costs of the cells they claim they sell

6 Likes

LMAO WHAT DID I JUST WATCH

2 Likes

putting fake cells in a battery… holy crap.

2 Likes

Have you tried one of those battery spot welders? I haven’t gotten the time to check myself, but I heard that all you need is a 3s lipo with high current output and the welder and you’re golden. Its in the batteries builders club. I was planning to get one myself since it’s really small and maybe the best solution. But you should ask them there.

I forgot how to bring a thread here :joy:

The arduino based ones from europe? (blanking out on what they’re called).

I’ll also have to buy a lipo and a lipo balance charger as I jsut dont have those things. I don’t even have a 12v car battery to start with

1 Like

Yeah I think it was one of those. Lipo 3s is pretty cheap and so is the balance charger (I think like $30) or something. But it’s a good idea.

Thats what I’ll be getting if I need to make a new battery after the ones I have no longer holds charges.

And it’s coming back all over again now, there is a world shortage of cells and chinese factories are rewrapping the same fire hazard fakes all over again under expensive model names and fresh production dates. There are only a few suppliers right now who will give you exactly what you ordered. Please take care

1 Like

Lol that was the video I saw and never brought it.

1 Like