Noob question thread! 2020_Summer

Nope; might be something to do with the custom KV ordered. :woman_shrugging:

2 Likes

You could had just made a small adapter to do it instead tbh. I did that to mine and it works great.

But it’s now DIY time

1 Like

:open_mouth:

2 Likes

Yeah I would have if I knew but I didn’t until I cut the wire

1 Like

How will ASS (advanced sensorless startup) change the riding experience of esk8? Asking from a very n00b position, just want to know what the real-world riding gains will be enjoyed by it

1 Like

ASS remains to be seen if it’s vaporware or not. If it ends up being really good, then you’d need hardware that supported it if you wanted to use it. The methods we use now would still work either way.

1 Like

So there is still a chance that everything is still working fine…? I still don’t know when a spark causes damages and when it doesn’t.
On my other Chinese board I remember that the chargeport sparked one or two times but still charges, battery life got reduced a lot though but could just be because it is cheap and has its kms

Yeah there is a good chance it’s fine. There’s also a good chance it’s not, but since it’s fused, it’s unlikely any repairs would be expensive.

1 Like

What do you mean by vapourwave? I’ve literally no idea what it’s supposed to do, just read it in relation to the new new HD motor controller by Trampa

6 Likes

Ah right, I’d only ever heard it in relation to the music genre.

2 Likes

Does anyone have riser recommendations? Preferably not plastic – something like the urethane riptide in their tunnel risers – nice and stiff, but not quite as hard as the normal plastic risers.

1 Like

Are you looking for like extra thick ones? I use normal skateboard risers and they work fine

Thick and thin (10-30mm, and any thinner ones to finetune the height), I know I’ll be needing some in the near future but I’m not sure how much riser I’ll need atm

2 Likes

To me, its something like having wireless sensors so that it doesn’t need to be kick pushed and doesn’t have alternating current issues (meaning trying to go reverse while moving forward on sensorless since it will just keep going forward).

But I think that might need more hardware. A man can dream…

2 Likes

Why not? Hard is my recommendation, the Riptide risers would be the softest I would use. You really don’t want slop at that point.

2 Likes

Maybe these

hard 6mm

hard 12mm

hard 8mm

There are also hard 25mm ones, no link right now but I can get you one if you want

1 Like

I answered myself by resetting bootloader and updated it. Its good now.

Note to self: do not use the esc for 6374 motors.

2 Likes

I would never use a hard short riser, it’s pointless. But probably for 0.50 inches the slop would be pretty extreme for electric boards

It’s not pointless if it avoids wheelbite or enclosure scraping. It’s pointless if you’re just raising it for no reason.

2 Likes