Noob question thread! 2020_Summer

I think almost anything within $200 works.

surely we can go much cheaper than that… used phone will probably be the absolute cheapest, but there have got to be some good chinese options that cost less than that new as well

3 Likes

Get a fire tablet on amazon for less than $100, or if you specifically want a phone walk into a Walmart and buy a prepaid android phone (if you’re in the US)

Im not sure which prepaid phones are the best, but a bit of googling of your options will yield good results.

Probably a used Poco F1

Or maybe a umidigi or doogee

1 Like

I like Swappa for buying used phones on the cheap. FWIW, I have a second-hand Google Pixel 2 that was super cheap and works brilliantly with VESC Tool, Metr and the drone apps that I use. I also appreciate the stripped down version of Android that comes without a bunch of difficult to remove bloatware.

1 Like

needed to swap from 5.5mm bullets to 4mm and i cut the wire on some bioboards motors. when i cut i realised its copper wire and i left the iron on it for 30 seconds or so and to the point the wire could melt the solder but it would not tin

please someone help as this copper wire seems impossible to solder to

Oh yeah forgot about swappa

1 Like

Hmm maybe I’ll go with fire tablet… didn’t realize they can run Vesc tool app. Thx!

sorry wheel nut

Don’t get an amazon fire or kindle, their tweaked version of Android will give you nothing but heartache and a bad experience.

My girlfriend got a second 'droid at Wal*Mart for like $40 (locked phone), I think

It’s a moto e6 and should work fine. It’s not the best phone in the world but it’s definitely worth $40 and can run regular Android applications.

to be clear, I’m not suggesting this as a primary droid, but as a secondary it’s pretty good

2 Likes

i have a umidigi f2 amazing phone outstanding value rock solid takes amazing pics
think Poco F1 has lots of adverts

1 Like

What country are you in? Your profile doesn’t say

USA… will update now, my bad.

1 Like

could it be that it is coated in enamel like motors? or is that impossible

1 Like

For top mount, What do you guys use between deck and battery or VESC cases? Like is there need for some kind of anti vibration material? I saw that video of a build with a Trampa box and the guy used some rubber things as spacer, maybe 1" thick. Like rubber legs used unders some kitchen appliances or cutting boards.

1 Like

Yes, this exactly. 6396 motors, yeah? I think those and the 6880 have enamel all the way up until the bullet connector. Definitely best to change the connectors ESC side rather than motor side.

But now that you’ve already made the mistake, what you should do is get the enamel off. An acid bath solution (IIRC) works (you can search the forum, 1 crazy dude did it, forgot who), or you can try the aspirin method:

6 Likes

would acetone work?
yeah gonna change esc side now
if only i had known i wouldnt have cut but i assumed they would be like every other

thanks man

1 Like

No idea about acetone. Yeah, got a be a forum addict to know such a thing. feelsbadman, hope you succeed in fixing it

2 Likes

k thanks

i messaged bioboards and hopefully he can help

do you know why they do it?