Noob question thread! 2020_Summer

was the charge port fused?

2 Likes

Yes, but I opened and closed my enclosure three times yesterday and I’m way to lazy to open it up again and check if the fuse is gone… Is there any other way to check if everything works fine without risking to fuck it up even more?

1 Like

so if it was fused properly then the fuse should have gone and therefore wont make any difference if you plug the charger in.
if the fuse was done badly and it for some reason didnt stop the short circuit then your bms could have been ruined by it

the best way is to open the enclosure and see if the fuse has blown

3 Likes

if it hasn’t, there is a (maybe) bigger problem at hand :joy:

1 Like

exactly
i wrote bms is prob dead and check all batteries to make sure they are all good

1 Like

Thanks a lot,
If the fuse has blown I can still charge the board without changing the fuse, right?
And if I don’t do anything dumb again it should be ok… correct me if I’m wrong please

1 Like

if you dont do anything dumb and you happen to never have anything go wrong yeah you would be fine

however with a blown fuse you cannot charge as there is no circuit

also i do not recommend not fusing a charge port as its easy for something to go wrong and then you have a board fire

its worth spending 10 min opening the enclosure and changing a fuse

1 Like

I believe that @Simeon made a solid job with that fuse so hopefully it has blown, I’ll check it later.
Thanks again for your help

ah yeah he should have done

hopefully its just a fuse

1 Like

Yes there’s a 10A fuse behind the chargeport. I can send you a new fuse and chargeport :slight_smile:
(best to check fuse when the enclosure is opened)

3 Likes

Thank you Simeon, I’ll let you know when I open it

2 Likes

hello iv lost a nut, rear on my tourquaboards 218 trucks what size is thred/nut
sorry wheels nut :slight_smile:
thank you

The nuts for mounting the trucks to the deck, or the nut for the kingpin?

yeah I can’t run morre than like 20A battery cont each side without overheating. I have my motors set to like 80. It’s okay for a little bit but then after that every hill overheats it

Never had mine reset before besides when Metr first connects to it, one side turns off. No idea why.

Overheats multiple times a ride, closed in my enclosure haha

I was recommended the DV6 but haven’t installed it yet. Maybe the Xenith would work well for you

1 Like

Lol It’s pretty much too late for the esc. What do you recommend as a replacement?

I’ll try my luck with the DV6.

Edit: after seeing some reviews for them, I’m not 100% sure if it’s good for MTBs. But I got it anyways.

Not sure really. Haven’t tested the DV6 yet but I am doing a video on it soon, so I will know in a few weeks haha

1 Like

Glad it was fused :sweat_smile:

If it still charges, it’s fine. If not, your fuse probably did you a solid.

3 Likes

Can anyone recommend (one of) the cheapest android phones that I should purchase solely to be able to run mobile Vesc tool app? Prease and thank you!

1 Like