Ratings vary for no (size) of pins

1 Like

Do you know is it tx-tx or tx-rx

1 Like

i mean…i don’t why either

2 Likes

Flipshit is retarded as usual and does tx-tx rx-rx

1 Like

It’s because they label by “VESC TX” and “VESC RX” instead of just RX and TX, which you would need to flip.

It’s either the way I said it or completely opposite lol

2 Likes

They consider it goes like power leads, + to + - to -

@Halbj613 , I hooked up my VX2 to my Xenith like this and it paired without problems. FYI

2 Likes

People who have experience with chain drives - what’s a good source for 8mm bore sprockets? (#25 chain) Thanks!

Ebay’s got a good variety. Amazon sometimes has them as well, but they’re a little more expensive.

1 Like

So the sound coming from my motor that I mentioned a couple days ago has gotten worse. It sounds like theres a pebble or something spinning freely inside but idk

Could be a bad bearing. All of the hub motors I have used for any length of time in the rain end up sounding like a coffee can full of sand rolling down some stairs when I run them. Same thing could happen to an outrunner motor :man_shrugging:

4 Likes

Could it be replaced without being too difficult?

1 Like

Depends entirely on the motor

1 Like

Depends on the company that made the motors. Some are much harder than others and some may need a pressure machine to push the stator.

1 Like

Its a tb 6355. Yea I don’t have any equipment, just simple tools, so that wont be good

1 Like

Yes, but you will need some way to get the old bearings out, and the new bearings in, since they’re a pretty tight press-fit.

A bench vise or small arbor press is probably a minimum, though you might be able to get away with a hammer and some punches, at least for the removal part.
You have to be a lot more careful when installing the new bearings, because you don’t want to damage them by applying any force to the inner race.

I bet you could take it to a local machine shop and have them do the swap with very little effort, if you don’t have the equipment to do it yourself.

3 Likes

The protective charging port cap always comes loose, any tips or accessories that people use to keep it in place?

1 Like

I just purchased to a pressfit pulley with a bearing to replace my bolt in pulley, so I’m hoping that it will take stress off the motor shaft and may solve the problem. If not, I may just end up getting a new motor, since I have no way to fix this motor

I haven’t had too many issues with that, I also install them so it’d have to go up against gravity to pop loose. Looks like yours is going downhill and out.

3 Likes

Get a better charge port I guess, the material on some of them sucks, if you want I can link you the ones I use.

2 Likes