Noob question thread! 2020_Summer

No issue, but put tiny cable ties around those XT90 so they don’t vibrate apart. Or tie twine around them. Just so they can’t back apart under heavy vibration.

2 Likes

k perfect and yeah i always use cable ties

also i got your carvons and running them on 83mm thane on a dropdown hummie dives me the worlds lowest rideable board at around 1.5cm of clearance

3 Likes

:eyes: :open_mouth:

3 Likes

yeah waiting for some 107s to come up without having to pay 130£ to evolve
maybe some on the forum for a bit less or im gonna get someone to cnc some kegel adaptors

2 Likes

A few years back I went from high quality hot snot to natural curing silicone to glue stuff down. mostly for batteries as the hot glue bond was too rigid and weak and came appart sooner or later.

Is there a silicone we can safely use on electronics that doesnt take multiple days to cure. or some other flexible glue?

2 Likes

Yeah the egg ones are rated at 2a per pin, but fuck charging at 2a. Use a dedicated charging port and a dedicated balance port

4 Likes

trying to solder bullets to copper wire. i did 2 ok but for some reason its nearly impossible to get them tinned and then after the just dont stick to the bullets. any hellp?

Flux

I don’t need flux for anything between 8awg -20awg i feel like. Everything smaller just won’t absorb solder, that’s when i got a bottle of flux and now its a joy.

1 Like

Get better solder I only use flux on pcb or AWG 10 or any thing big. If you can’t get it on tin small things then you need to clean it or use some thing that’s not China rejects.

Edit or your soldering ion tip is #%#% replace it

2 Likes

don’t think so. It’s a rather new ts100 with 3 different tips. Solder is kester 60/40

Well your having issues thousands of other people don’t. Iv had cables that had some coating applied in manufacturing that made it hard to tin scratching it off or flux help remove it then it was fine but no one at my work waste time fluxing small cables.

1 Like

Which cable do you think is responsible for the LED?

i want to disable the led so the board isn’t blinking on night rides

1 Like

Also, what is this “clicking”?

Only happens at a certain duty cycle. Top speed is obviously reached instantly but increasing the throttle further results in the motor making this sound. Happens in bldc and foc.

This sound only happens when the motor is connected and programmed via a vesc

2 Likes

how do i pair a vx2 to a receiver?

If that’s a mom switch, then im gonna guess its red and black

1 Like

Go into pairing mode in the vx2 setting menu

2 Likes

tried and had the board on and they didnt pair
is there a spesific order?

1 Like

You Sir are correct. :ok_hand:t2:

1 Like

Try the flipsky video

Board off, remote on in pairing mode, board on.

1 Like