Noob question thread! 2020_Summer

Ouch that’s a pretty penny

Expensive, but it’s probably already on his street about to be delivered :crazy_face:

I exaggerate, but only slightly

1 Like

still better than having a burnt down house, i wouldn’t take the risk with a funny charger either

2 Likes

Yeah. Even though I think the risk is low since the charge port is fused

1 Like

even tho u have protection, some risk are not worth taking

2 Likes

I bought a pair of paris clones and a mount for them as a set, but it seems the mount does not fit. How would you go about fitting the mount on the truck? (dremmel?)

1 Like

Have you tried wedging a screwdriver into the slot to open it up more?

Is it from @dickyho?

1 Like

Yes, it is that’s a good idea. Have you bought from him before?

1 Like

How many cells does the trampa’s massive battery box fit?
This considering i need to fit a tracker, likely 2 dc-dc converters (probably lm2596’s), 2/a dual esc and not choke to death every single wire and connector (so probably absolute max -1)
@Trampa ?

2 Likes

106 full to the brim. You need to substract what you need for electronics.

2 Likes

i hear @Lee_Wright is releasing some nice stuff soon
in case the trampa is to small

2 Likes

Can somebody give me some basic pointers for how I should setup my unity/tb dd profile?

12s4p 40t pack, so around 80a max, though I’m probably more than happy with like 30-40a

How should motor amps relate to battery amps etc? What sensor mode is correct?

Oh and I have a metr pro

Does the new model box have a hole for the external antenna?

What is the purpose of using this what I would call a double kicktail style deck, vs a traditional longboard style deck. I see everyone makes mountain boards with them but why?

Nope, they are radio transparent.

1 Like

Mountainboards use a zero degree spring truck, so the steering angle needs to be in the deck. For non off road boards with under board tray it doesn’t really make sense. A reverse kingpin longboard truck would do the job.

3 Likes

3mm keys are still useful. But do yourself a favour and buy this set instead

https://www.amazon.co.uk/Bondhus-Ball-End-Wrench-Metric/dp/B0006O4AEM/ref=sr_1_3?dchild=1&keywords=bondhus+allen&qid=1613922575&sr=8-3

1 Like

Ahhh, that explains it. Thank you!

Funny I bought the Bondus ones yesterday instead of Wera, seemed like a bargain and they perform as well I’ve read

2 Likes

The holder isnt great but this is

1 Like