Noob question thread! 2020_Summer

No

2 Likes

Zealous bearings then?

Yes sir

1 Like

Is my motor shaft length too short for the 15mm motor pulley? My motor shaft is 26mm. @torqueboards

1 Like

It is not too short.

1 Like

Should the thick side of the motor pulley be on the outside? Because if it is, the screws just miss the shaft

1 Like

All batteries have voltage sag, it’s unavoidable in the real world. Some batteries just have less than others.

A 10s2p pack will have more sag than say a 10s4p at the same load, because the load per cell is twice as high.

Li-ion cylindrical cells have more sag than high-discharge lipo batteries, but there are many other benefits that outweigh that limitation, like energy density and cycle life.

4 Likes

Ideally yes, because then the belt would be closer to the motor, appying less force to the shaft and such expanding life time.

Please let @b264 or @MysticalDork confirm this, I just try to be first aid :slight_smile:

1 Like

Yea that does make sense, but I don’t think I will be able to do it that way. Hopefully the shaft doesn’t break on me.

1 Like

I don’t even use the bolts on the pulley shoulder.

Make sure you use a 3mm key and put threadlocker on the grubscrews in the pulley. Use Wera Hex Plus wrenches if you don’t want to strip the grubscrews out and get a huge headache.

Send photo of why

The grub screws miss the shaft

2 Likes

Turn the pulley the other way with the shoulder on the outside. If you can’t, send photo why not.

It’s likely something else is amiss

1 Like

So much this. Didn’t believe it since I have no less than 5 sets of Allen wrenches and Allen sockets. I got to learn how to remove a stripped motor mount bolt. It was a 2.5mm. Wera plus in the pack on every ride now.

2 Likes

Do you mean like this? Won’t this way put too much stress on the motor shaft? I didnt push it in all the way in this picture. In the picture above I had it flipped and pushed in all the way.

1 Like

Almost flush with the mount bro. Move it in.

2 Likes

Space heater with a long strip of nickel.
(Don’t)

1 Like

I didn’t push it all the way in this picture because it was resisting a little and I just got one off after getting it stuck. Is it okay to put the motor pulley in this way though? With the shoulder on the inside.

1 Like

I think that IS the shoulder on the outside. It’s just not necked down like they usually are.

1 Like

Ohhhh I thought you had these pulleys

That’s why photos help so much

3 Likes