Noob question thread! 2020_Summer

oh, just looked at the sensor again you’re right. Somehow i thought 7!

5 Likes

Yes, jst ph 2.0 but should be 6pin only

3 Likes

Does anyone sell the Flipsky VX2 Pro receiver cable? I bought the VESC6 version of the VX2 Pro, then bought the BKB Xenith at release, and now realize the UART connector is 7-pin rather than 8-pin on the Xenith (and different pinout).

I could buy a new JST connector and swap, but I don’t need a 500 piece JST connector kit from Amazon just for this one change…

2 Likes

u can always solder the wires to the pins :man_shrugging:t2:

Oof, if I have to go custom, I’ll dremel off of the last pin spot instead of anything permanent.

But I appreciate the creativity lol

2 Likes

if u do that, make sure those pins are in correct position
but solder isn’t permanent, and it doesn’t come off unless the wire break

1 Like

If I undo my motor screws do I have to reapply locktite?

Yes

Take a sharp knife (snap-knife, exacto knife, oe box cutter work great for this) and trim down the 8p housing until it fits. Then you can lift the little plastic tabs holding each wire into the housing are re-arrange them however you need to so they match up with the Xenith.

Super easy, barely an inconvenience.

2 Likes

crap i dont have anyyyy

rather, I left it at home

Make sure you flip the RX and TX pins (I assume you have the VESC 6 adapter)

1 Like

HUH

:moneybag:

2 Likes

u out riding? put the screw back in, tighten it and start riding back home, check the screw every few km just to be sure

go sloooow

nah its just that my belt somehow loosened up and it was slipping when I would brake hard. I tightened it while forgetting that i have to reapply threadlocker

ill ride to the hardware store tmr morning, its less than 2 miles away so it should be fine for that

I definitely ordered the VESC6 model. But what’s weird is that the cable they sent matches their Flipsky VESC4/Unity pinout… except it’s an 8pin JST and the TX and RX are actually correct (opposite the diagram). :man_shrugging:

Edit: Nope, order still wrong I see haha

Edit: Had to swap TX and RX (TX to TX, RX to RX) from this photo, for anyone else

there won’t be any sparks or flame if u swap the RX/TX, it just won’t work until u have it sorted out
flipsky likes to do shit their own way :yawning_face:

2 Likes

Well shit, you weren’t kidding. 2 strokes of the ol’ exacto and it’s done. 10 seconds, fits like a glove. Appreciate it.

3 Likes