Noob question thread! 2020_Summer

someone mentioned this helmet in the good deals thread. anyone know if its any good and safe.

I re-paired the remote and went out. Pins on the receiver side seems ok. Still shows weak signal mostly. Any other ideas that could be causing this?

Any helmet sold basically anywhere in the world needs to meet certain standards (unless say it was a knockoff or illegally sold) so this one will protect your head (it claims to be dot and ece certified). It doesn’t look like it’s vented that well, so if you’re planning on riding in any significant heat I’d look at other ones too lol

1 Like

maybe check this thread and see if anything useful, i own 6 vx1 remote, 4 are in used atm, and none of them have weak signal tho. r u using ppm or uart mode?

im leaning towards a bad batch of vx1 instead of issue with ur setup, do u have another remote to try with?

Im using ppm. I dont have another remote, might just get hoyt puck if i cant get it fixed.

can’t go wrong with a puck, but still, im still curious what’s wrong with ur vx1

1 Like

thanks man seems awesome not much heat in london though doesnt get above 30 much

1 Like

Im gonna open up the remote to check. Does flipsky have any customers service? Have a feeling their non existent.

they do, but treat it as “customers-that-i-don’t-want-to” service :joy: but u can still try ur luck

1 Like

I wouldn’t worry about that. It shouldn’t be able to wiggle that much, but some; yes.

1 Like

VESC programming question.
When I release the throttle at high speeds the board immediately jerks forward, of course i could use the throttle to reduce the speed slowly, but i was wondering if there 's a way to programme the VESC so that when i fully release the throttle it kind of reduces speed incrementally (or more incrementally that it currently does) …though perhaps this is just what esk8 is like and ill have to get used to using the remote in a better way

2 Likes

I think “Negative Ramping Time” in App_Settings > PPM > General does exactly that.

4 Likes

Anybody here tried the Flispky ATM 150 x 50 All Terrain Honeycomb Wheels? For 4 wheels + 2 pulleys + 2 belts for $99 seems like a pretty good deal but I’m not sure how good they are. I don’t want a “too good to be true” deal and I’ve heard that flipsky in general isn’t too great.

1 Like

Ace, thanks man

Does anyone know what bolt sizes are used in the TB support bracket kit?

I don’t know at all, and have never had that, but that kinda looks like M4 x 8 and M4 x 16

Thanks, I figured I’d ask here first before bringing my truck/ mount in to the hardware store lol.

Does this look correct for a sensor extension?

@frame

3 Likes

7 pin?

3 Likes

Sensors are 5V, GND, Hall1, Hall2, Hall3, Temp (not in that order). You only need 6 pins.

3 Likes