Noob question thread! 2020_Summer

Sure thing man! Some stuff just doesn’t need overthinking :grin:

3 Likes

whats the strongest hex screwdriver brand? Looking to pick up a super strong screwdrive key set (titanium?) for some small grub screws on my sidewinder printer (must fit at least M3 sized screws)…any suggestions?

1 Like

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B009ODV0OE/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_asin_title_o00_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1

e: oh wait, seems u want titanium stuff :joy: let me know if u found any good set, i need those bling bling fancy rainbow colour set

2 Likes

thanks

2 Likes

doesn need to be titanium, as long as they are mega strong and reliable for small screws im good. these wera ones look fine

1 Like

i found em, but u not gonna like the price :rofl:

2 Likes

… and i thought Wera were a bit pricey lol

3 Likes

there is always something that cost more, but have near no difference in general use. when shit happens tho, that’s where they shine, im gonna guess the titanium one is hard to break, so 0 downtime is its advantage

2 Likes

Budget Wera are the Bondhus - still very high quality

But in general, I hate L-shaped hex. If you’re going for torque strength, get the T-handles:

1 Like

thanks for this :+1:

1 Like

these are good for working at home / shop, but on the go still need those L shape for compactness :cry: can’t have one set for everything

1 Like

Hi guys if I want to build single drive board for commute.
What kind vesc that you will recommend.
I already have haggy bergmeister and one 6374 190kv motor.

depending how much amps u gonna pull, makerx esc is very small compare to others

:astonished::astonished::astonished::grimacing::grimacing::grimacing:

2 Likes

Those are designed for the healthcare industry to service MRI machines (titanium so they don’t immediately stick to the magnets from ten feet away), which pretty much explains their price. In the US hospitals sell bags of salt water for $500 a pop.

5 Likes

i’ve heard the healthcare system is fucked up over there, but 500 a pop is just plain ridiculous :roll_eyes:

Is foc mini plus stable?

how many S u running at? and what’s the amp u planning to pull? need some more info

1 Like

The hex-plus shape on the Wera are specifically good for not stripping small 1.5mm - 2.5mm sizes

The Bondhus don’t have that. These two things aren’t comparable imho.

Also, Wera aren’t immune to breaking. But they do strip less, which is typically the more common problem. They’re also sold individually if you break one :ok_hand:

2 Likes

TB6 or VESC 6

I don’t think I’d use one of the mini ESCs for a single drive commuter

1 Like