Noob question thread! 2020_Summer

Interesting, I’ll take a look at mine too and see what current it’s capped at. Thanks!

1 Like

How do I find the efficiency % for my setup?

Hover over the label

1 Like

The label of what?

The “Efficiency” label in the calculator linked in the top bar above. I assumed that’s why you were asking.

There are so many factors that it may have to be found empirically but you can make a good guess.

1 Like

If I was running gear drives and 8” tires what do you think a good guess would be?

65%

How heavy are you?

1 Like

90 lbs… no joke

75%

1 Like

Lmao thanks for the help I was kinda stumped but I think I got it know

1 Like

What axle width do @moon drives occupy. Ie: how much reduction in bearing spacing is for adapter part? Noob question cos many peeps prolly know this (not me)

1 Like

Any carver decks that will work with a non-segmented battery? (which i guess means which carver deck has little to no flex and can happily have an underslung battery)

1 Like

you could in theory stiffen it up with cf or something. dunno any with 0 flex though

1 Like

i guess so, dont fancy doing that much extra work tbh

1 Like

I have a flipsky 6384 and a FSESC 6.6, the motor came with a sensor cable that don’t fit into the ESC. There is a extension from the sensor cable with another ending but it also doesn’t fit into the ESC. Do I need to buy another extension for the sensor cable or am I missing something?

1 Like

Can you give us pics of your motor sensor cable and your ESC sensor port? Cant really advise without knowing what you’ve got.

There isnt one standard connector for this in the RC world (though in esk8 JST PH is fairly standard on VESC based ESCs), so you’ll see all kinds of shit on both the motor and the ESC sometimes.

Nope, its less efficient.

The higher your gear ratio (AKA more torque) the less hard your motor is having to work.

Spinning a BLDC motor faster takes a marginal current increase. Getting more torque output takes a hefty current increase. That increased motor current needed to get more torque not only consumes more energy, it also heats your motor and ESC more, which in turn means you are loosing efficiency to heat.

For best efficiency you want the highest gear ratio you can get for the top speed you want. If you want your esk8 to go 25mph and have enough torque to climb trees, then gear for 25mph. If you want your esk8 to go 35mph, then prepare for worse efficiency and higher motor current.

4 Likes

You can simply not connect the sensor cable and use HFI.

What is HFI and how do I use it?

1 Like
2 Likes