Noob question thread! 2020_Summer

Realistically any 4.12 can only supply 25-30 battery amps before overheating, this spec is a lie. The 6.6 has much more accurately represented specs.

Plus VESC 6 based ESC are 3 shunts while VESC 4 based are 2 shunt designs.

As for parameters and prices, higher voltage components are more expensive, and an ESC that can actually handle higher current is also more expensive. Plus higher cost (for about the same spec) can also mean better luck if you need to make a warranty claim, and it will also probably mean the ESC has been tested more throughly.

3 Likes

So if the Firmware isn’t of importance, why is the FSESC 6.6 more than twice the price?

It’s VESC 6 based instead of VESC 4 based, and in practise it can handle higher current, even though the spec sheet says the opposite.

So if the numbers they give would be correct, the 2 ESC’s would be nearly the same as they seem right?

1 Like

what does the number of shunts mean?

Nope, the 4.12 would be like 25-30A constant and 60A peak while the 6.6 would be like 45-50A constant and 80-100A peak.

1 Like

Do other ESC Producers do the same with their specs? I mean how can they write that it has a 50A constant when it only has 25-30. Wouldn’t I kill the esc instantly if I would believe those specs?

What you missed is that the specs are mostly complete bullshit :rofl:

4 Likes

I actually ordered the 6.6 one. Can i test those specs without killing the esc?

Ordering Flipsky stuff

I hope you know the cliché “buy cheap, buy twice”

Some folks win the dice roll.

5 Likes

U can test it, it will either fry or not fry :man_shrugging:t2:

But I guess u aren’t listening anyway, 130 for a v6 and it’s not a TB6, im outta here

6 Likes

I would rather leave this question to someone more knowledgeable in electrical engineering, I don’t want to spread false info or speculations. 3 shunts are better than 2 though, thats a fact.

You would most likely just thermal throttle it. It would heat up very soon, and then it wouldn’t deliver the current. After it hits 80C or whatever, it will only deliver like 2-5A.

This was a bad decision. Good luck with the lottery.

It’s unlikely you can apply enough load to measure it.

1 Like

well, i was actually going to order from TB but the shipping to germany was 73€, that was the deal breaker for me.

Yeah the TB6 is a lot better than that one and cheaper too.

3 Likes

That’s not necessarily a fact.

HFI supposedly works better on 2 shunts, and HFI eliminates the need for sensors, which increases reliability.

3 Likes

well, Thank you guys! I was really confused by those pricings, but now I know that the current and voltage are the actual parameters and Flipsky just straight up lying with those specs is insane.

There is always a deal breaker somewhere in a formula, doesn’t mean that u should choose a brand that is, how should I put this, so so for what they put out in the market.

I take it as u didn’t know about makerx mini foc plus as well then

Any clue about how to set this Bluetooth module up? Baud is at 115200, vesc is set to PPM and UART, RX goes to RX and TX to TX, it is flashing exactly like a VX1 receiver if it isn’t connected to the remote. However VESC tool mobile cannot see it’s signal. Swapping TX and RX doesn’t help either.

2 Likes

hm thats weird
i tested before i sent and my phone connected

other then tx and rx is everything else in the right position?

if it still doesnt work send your paypal (in a pm if you want and i will refund) sorry about it not working man

1 Like

Yep, 5V and GND are in the right spot too. Np, I send a PM.

1 Like