Noob question thread! 2020_Summer

@YUTW123 doesn’t think anything is faulty.

I would just skip him and buy from someone else.

2 Likes

The problem is I am way too broke to buy a new VESC. And I am a secondary school student in eastern Europe, financing from pocket money is really hard already. Because of lockdown I can’t really find work.

I would try to get this sorted out if possible.

2 Likes

Very carefully inspect the PCB and see if any pieces are missing.

1 Like

There is also a “buy cheap, buy twice” cliché that doesn’t exist for no reason. :sob:

2 Likes

It would really, really help if you had another one so you could compare the two.

See if you can find someone so they can send you high-resolution photos of both sides

1 Like

It works if you don’t connect UART, right?

Don’t connect UART.

1 Like

Yep, but this ESC had good rep from what I can tell.

I will investigate the PCB.

It seemed to work, but then I will lose bluetooth too, and if possible I want to sort the situation out without loss in functionality.

EDIT : it also seems to work if I connect only one UART device. I will set my VX1 up in PPM and then I still have a UART port left for BT.

1 Like

Is it the same thing that you’re plugging into the UART port each time? What if you plug a different thing into the UART port?

What if you plug that thing’s power and ground wires only without TX and RX connected?

1 Like

I tried VX1 receivers. I have two working receivers, it didn’t matter which one was plugged in. I could try a BT module too, but I haven’t got that working yet.

I haven’t tried that yet, will try it now.

1 Like

VX1 over PPM doesn’t recreate the issue. It also makes the app settings like control mode writeable. Gonna try it with a BT module in the same side too now.

1 Like

Hmmm. the bluetooth module doesn’t mess up detection, only the VX1 receivers do it. But tbh it’s not working either. Probably I need to set it up, but i dont know where. Or maybe RX and TX are swapped.

@Halbj613 did you use the BT module you sent me with FW 4.xx or 5.xx? Or only with FW3.xx?

1 Like

not sure but i think later firmwares

it was on some vesc 6 and i used hfi once or twice so prob fw 5

1 Like

If you used HFI that means fw 4 or 5, thanks!

1 Like

Swapping RX and TX still didn’t help though. What kind of setup would be needed to get an older version Flipsky bluetooth module work?

1 Like

Is it an HM-10? Send a photo of it

2 Likes

Not HM-10 either, 1 min

1 Like

1 Like

I know most people don’t like flipsky Stuff, but i wanna use it to write this question.
I still can’t understand what Parameters go into costs of a ESC.

FSESC 6.6

Voltage: 8V - 60V
Current: Continuous 60A, Instantaneous current 150A
Firmware : 6.6

FSESC 4.12

Voltage: 8V-60V
Current: 50A continuous / 240A peak
Firmware: V3.40

So the specs of these two ESC’S seem to be nearly the same for me but the first one is $130.00 and the second one is $55.00.

Is the price difference only because of the newer Firmware of the 6.6 ESC or do i miss something?

6.6 is a 3 shunt design, 4.12 is a 2 shunt design
U can always flash the latest firmware on them

2 Likes