Noob question thread! 2020_Summer

sure

no idea why it doesnt work

what phone? and if you go into your bluetooth menu can you see it?

this looks exactly like my vx2 pro receiver… :man_shrugging:t2:

6 Likes

oh do you think i mixed them

i had a vx2 in the same bag and maybe i sent the receiver instead of the module

that might be gonna go check now

2 Likes

oops :rofl: No wonder it’s not being seen by VESC tool then :smiley:

1 Like

im pretty sure u sent the wrong stuff bruh

1 Like

yeah sorry man got the module right here

my bad so sorry gonna ship it off to you straight away

send pm with your address

also if possible i will pay shipping to retrun the receiver

1 Like

I send a PM, lets take it there.

2 Likes

Was about to say the same :laughing:

4 Likes

i saw the ppm word, and its a flipsky thingy with a side port housing, it can only be the vx2 receiver :rofl: :rofl:

5 Likes

megastar, superstar, hypa, phatlads…for a noob that just wants the best and most versatile hub (i.e hubs that will take any tire - i.e. mudpluggers to something less heavy duty, and rides well), which should i be looking at…is there even much of a difference between them, or is the a kind of gold-standard?

3 Likes

i think hypa is the only one without any type of adapter available except trampa’s

1 Like

Yup. I can’t think of a single reason to buy a Flipsky ESC is 2021. I have some, but they’re relegated to worst case scenario backups.

5 Likes

If cool factor and gleaming aesthetics are not important, get MBS Rockstar IIs and never look back. Cheap as dirt and rock solid.

3 Likes

Cool. It seems that mudpluggers only fit a few hubs, is there an obvious way of telling whether a hub will fit a given tyre? (I’ve not looked into this yet, so maybe it’s obvious)

Phatladdz or superstars imo, or rockstar ii as gill bordon mentioned @BillGordon, if you want no frills and cheap, rockstars are the way.

I like the phatladz for the extra width they offer!

1 Like

Can I ask why? Ive got no knowledge of emtb stuff and all these hubs still look more or less identical

Stretched tyre allows bigger contact patch and looks cool…most importantly

Other than that, I couldn’t tell you if there are any real benefits tbh

2 Likes

Ok…so I guess phat lads force you into getting tyres of a certain width? And what about superstars, what’s so good about them?

1 Like

I think you can run all the common tyres on them, certainly standard trampa and mbs tyres.

I don’t think there is anything particularly ‘better’ about superstars over mbs rockstar II but could be wrong. Obvs superstars are more customisable colour wise.

Maybe someone else could chime in with pros / cons between them

1 Like
2 Likes