Noob question thread! 2020_Summer

If it fails, it fails closed as far as i know, which means forever turned on. That is generally ok until you get another antispark to be the middleman. The integrated one may or may not fail anyway.

Also, i need to recommend you the xenith esc. It’s basically the unity, but has the correct xt90 connector soldered on and someone actually tests it before shipping.

5 Likes

I would use a loopkey and just leave it plugged in.

If you need to turn it off for storage or in case of failure, then it’s there.

5 Likes

u don’t need the flipsky antispark, it serves no purpose until the antispark in the esc fails, but who knows which will fail first. ur best bet would be wire it without the flipsky, and having a led indicator somewhere, if the esc antispark fails, then u will know. at that time, make a hole in the enslosure and install a loop key :rofl:

3 Likes

Would an led go somewhere in line with the switch?

Use the + - pin next to the MOM pin to wire the led, if the antispark fail to close, the led will never turn on, if it fails to open, then the led will forever be on.

1 Like

Correct me if I’m wrong, but is this an led ring on the switch that comes with it? If it is, I wouldn’t need to add and led right? I’ve never had a xenith/unity and I haven’t connected anything yet

2 Likes

yea, if u don’t wire the two MOM pin and just use the + - pins, then it will serves as LED light thingy, but honestly i would just wire all 4 pins, so u will have a switch ready no matter what. R2S needs a nice stretch of road to get going. i always prefer to press the switch just before i pick up my board…if only remote on/off is a feature in vesc world :slightly_frowning_face:

1 Like

Thanks!
That was really nice of you to say! :smiley:

1 Like

I feel like I’m misunderstanding something :sweat_smile:

So if I use the switch as it is now with all 4 pins, it won’t let me know if the antispark fails since the MOM pins are wired as well?

if antispark fail to close, led will not turn on
if antispark fail to open, led will be on all the time
if u wire the MOM pins and not press the switch, once R2S engage, then the led will still turn on
if u don’t wire the MOM pins, pressing the switch doesn’t do anything, but once R2S engage, the led will still turn on
basically u r using the led light in the switch to tell u if the esc is in on or off state
this should explain it better?

1 Like

Ohhhh okay yes, thank you so much!

1 Like

ping me if u have other Qs

2 Likes

How can I mount 120mm cloudwheels on esk8supply direct drives https://www.esk8supply.shop/collections/direct-drive/products/direct-drive-3000w-58kv?variant=36737643610274 ? There is no adapter for this.

the abec core adapters should fit, no?

1 Like

I asked esk8supply about this and they said that “the abec adapters won’t work with the cloud wheels”. That’s why I’m asking here.

2 Likes

Yeah the discovery cloud wheel cores have thicker spokes

For revel, we had to have a separate adapter entirely

1 Like

ah, i guess they weren’t using the abec clone core then…

You need to take regular ABEC non-alum/steel adapters and shave them down a bit. Timo did this for me a while back with a set of his pulleys so I could run Discovery 120s on my Haggy drive.

I did a comparison/pulley breakdown in the Discovery thread:

4 Likes

iwonder change from genuine abec to clone abec when they try to solve the cracked core issue?

1 Like

That was the case I think

2 Likes